We are looking for an experienced Writer to be part of our team in Shanghai! Join us and support Booking.com BV’s #1 accommodation website with some of the industry’s smartest people!
The Writer will help develop Booking.com’s online content strategy across Booking.com’s marketing channels, especially on digital and social. This role owns the online content planning and execution of content production.
The ideal candidate understands the art of content creation for the digital channels in China’s online ecosystem, and can apply rigorous data-driven methodology and ROI thinking to validate content performance. In short, the ideal candidate possesses the ability to combine great instincts about the type of content attractive to users, matched with a deep understanding of Booking.com’s brand and business needs.
This is a fulltime position based in our Shanghai office.
- Understand assets available from the Booking.com Global team in Amsterdam and the local team;
- Work closely with local and global project owners, product team, content team, hotels team, data analyst to understand business needs and content requirements
- Ensure provision of content against set deadlines
- Use data, consumer insights, industry trends, and competitors analysis to optimize content quality
- Execute on branded content production that maximizes audience reach and engagement in the China marketing across all the relevant paid and owned digital & social channels
- Support planning and executing tailor-made content calendar that supports marketing campaigns effectively
- Familiar with China digital and social landscape and share digital & social content trends and learnings regularly
- Help identify key content opportunities within digital and social channels and be responsible for execute content ideas
- Track, and report performance of content initiatives and iterate based on learnings
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with key stakeholders across all functions to ensure best result through cross-departmental synergies.
- 3+ years’ experience in digital/social marketing; including 2+ years content production experience for international brands
- Proven track record in the digital business, preferably with an overall responsibility for the delivery of digital experiences
- Experiences in a leading multination either in travel industry or internet companies
- Experiences in working in organizations with global matrix
- Deep understanding of China digital/social media channels and content strategy across different channels.
- Demonstrate ability to create measurement frameworks for content
- Advanced written and spoken English and Mandarin; Strong Chinese copywriting skills, native Chinese fluency
- Creative, self-motivated, and a team player
The hiring company Booking.com Customer Service Center (Shanghai) Co. Ltd. is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in China. Booking.com Customer Service Center (Shanghai) Co. Ltd. is looking for a Writer. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.