At Booking.com, we will always put the interests of our customers at the heart of everything that we do. We work hard to scale innovative technologies for both customers and partners across the world, but we know this isn’t enough to succeed. We must view our business from the eyes of our customers and make decisions based on their fast changing needs and behaviors. We are a fast paced, rapidly growing company with a start-up culture where we favor action over discussion. We believe in the power of curiosity, experimentation and continuous learning.
The People Technology team is looking for an experienced Workday Functional Specialist to join us in our Amsterdam headquarters.
Do you have deep hands-on knowledge of Workday functional areas not limited to core HR, Employee and Manager Self service, Absences, Security and People business processes? Are you passionate about using your diverse technical and business skills to address challenges of scale and efficiency for our global organization?
As a Workday Functional Specialist you will perform functional and/or integration activities on Workday supporting a number of different modules in the system. You will research, design, document, maintain and develop new business processes, new functionalities, reports and/or integrations between Workday and other systems combining Workday, user experience, and product guidelines. You’ll also be responsible for security set up as well as for diagnosing and resolving issues in Workday and you’ll proactively monitor new features released by Workday and promote them to the business.
Research, Analysis, Problem-Solving & Build
- Identify business needs through research and analysis.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert on Workday solutions. Provide guidance and recommendations on system functionality and design to meet business needs
- Perform Workday administrative functions including security maintenance, business process configuration, tenant configuration, data loads, integrations and upgrades.
- Partner with People Operations, Business users and drive business requirement gathering, business process review, project management, testing, training, documentation development and communication.
- Feasibility and Impact assessment for scalable system improvements.
- Participate in regular reviews and prioritization of Workday projects
- Issue management (uploads, tickets, backlog priorities)
- Configure design solutions in the system ensuring they meet business user needs
- Own customer issues from beginning-to- end resolution.
- Develop plans to mitigate and avoid future system issues.
- Responsible for driving HR Data Quality.
Validation & Testing
- Understand the downstream/end-to-end impacts of Workday changes on WD processes and other downstream systems, ensuring appropriate parties are included.
- Ensure design solutions are validated/tested (post-configuration), to confirm the design is working as planned, downstream impact is minimised and additional problems are not inadvertently resulting from the change.
- Impact assessment, system testing for new Workday releases and other testing cycles.
- Perform testing and analysis to ensure the system meets or exceeds end-user requirements and standards and deployment
- Research integration failures, perform root cause analyses, and report back to management and business leaders.
- Analyse, understand and share learnings from peer groups, Workday Community and previous cycles to build strong knowledge of the product.
- Drive knowledge sharing with relevant business users
- Minimum 3 years of recent Workday configuration experience in (HCM Core, Security, Absences, Time-Tracking)
- Knowledge of various Workday Modules. e.g. HCM, Compensation, Performance, Absence, Talent, Time tracking
- Integrations skills:
- Document transformation
- Experience with Workday Studio
- Knowledge of XSLT, JSON, Java, Xpath
- Core Connectors
- Good understanding of web services
- Excellent understanding of HR Processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Customer oriented with excellent communication skills and a strong business sense.
- A go-getter, self-motivator who dives in and thrives in a constantly changing environment.
- Problem solving, innovative and results driven
- Eager to learn from both positive and negative results through cycles of implementation.
- Passionate about HCM products and a passion to learn and mature the product.
- Open minded team player, Adaptable and flexible when dealing with competing priorities.
- Friendly, knowledgeable, and motivational to others.
The hiring company Booking.com International BV is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International BV is looking for a Workday Functional Specialist. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.