Booking’s people are its greatest asset. The People Product Development Track is responsible for building the digital workplace where people can do their best work that will ultimately enable us to build Global Experience Marketplace.
We take talent seriously and know that our team is our business – they are the heart of our strategy and success. As a team, we’re committed to creating innovative solutions and services that drive our employee’s success. Together we empower our employees, one Workday implementation at a time.
We are currently seeking a Workday Architect in our People Department Tech track for our growing Workday practice. Our Tech track focus on employee experience, enabling employees to deliver more impactful work while delivering a frictionless experience on the systems that supports them. As a critical role for Booking.com success, the Workday Architect on the technical side is needed to provide implementation, business process, and Workday product expertise to their engagements.
As a Workday Architect, you are engaged with the business to discuss with them how Workday can help them achieve their goals, helping define the scope of the project, prioritizing the best solution for your customer, being able to judge if it lies within Workday or not.
You will support the Workday teams to achieve their goals being able to influence them by demonstrating expert knowledge in the system. You will also support team members to go to their next level, sharing knowledge, coaching, and mentoring them to achieve their personal development goals.
Important aspects of the job include:
- Demonstrate ability to quickly develop expertise with the Workday product suite and new product enhancements
- Translate employee business requirements into solutions and assist in the creation of the delivery roadmap, estimates, and project timelines
- Proactively identify new service opportunities through direct stakeholder interaction
- Provide guidance and mentoring to team members working on employee support and implementations.
- Responsible for setting quality guidelines for implementations, monitoring ownership area
- Responsible for dealing with outages and critical problems (SOX, GDPR, etc.)
- Build trusting and collaborative business relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Look for opportunities to provide exceptional employee experience
- Identify continuous quality improvement initiatives through process, templates, and best practices
- You have a thorough understanding of the Workday product suite displaying exceptional knowledge in multiple different modules
- At least 7 years of experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems with in-depth knowledge and experience in Human Capital Management (HCM) / Human Resources systems / HCM business processes
- You have developed relationships and established yourself as a trusted advisor to your team, employees, and the Workday community
- You have the ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- You think strategically about business and technical challenges
- You effectively communicate with different functional stakeholders (both technical and non-technical) at all levels of an organization.
- You can successfully lead and facilitate fit/gap and solution discussions with senior executives
At Booking we value people’s growth and this position next step is the Workday Managing Architect. This position brings leadership and team management experience to achieve the company’s goals. These are additional skills we consider to be required:
- At least two years of experience managing other managers
- You have effective interpersonal skills and can successfully build, manage, and foster a team-oriented environment
- You have excellent leadership and management skills
- Responsible for providing feedback of your team members to ensure growth
- Responsible for manager evaluations in the performance cycle for your team members
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Workday Architect in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.