Booking.com is looking for a Webmarketing Analyst to join our dynamic and international work environment in Amsterdam. You will be part of the Booking.com Web Marketing team that is responsible for one of the largest global online advertising budgets.
Within Booking.com, data drives all our decisions. You will use analytical rigour to find opportunities for improvements in our Paid Search strategy and implementation, to ensure we optimise transaction growth and Return on Investment (ROI). This will also involve interacting with the wider marketing team, other departments across the business, and the global search engines.
This is an excellent opportunity for a gifted, analytically minded individual to progress in online search marketing. A background in online marketing is not required, but you should be a fast learner who likes working with large datasets, and asks business-oriented questions. One of the key attractions of the job is the freedom to experiment and test your ideas, and the ability to iterate on them in a very short time frame.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Assist with all aspects of paid search marketing/pay-per-click advertising
- Ad and campaign creation at scale using scripts and automation
- Analysis of campaigns
- Assist with reporting
- Pro-actively work to identify and develop new opportunities to maximise performance against targets
- Communicate results, issues and opportunities between teams both within PPC and across the wider Booking.com community
Ideal Candidate & Desired Competencies
The ideal candidate will be a driven, analytical individual possessing the following key skills:
- Enjoy using data to make decisions
- Enjoy ‘getting your hands dirty’ and solving problems
- Results & delivery focused with attention to detail
- Demonstrate great commercial & industry acumen
- Be a good communicator and a team player
Desired Experience, Knowledge & Qualifications
- Fluent in English
- Educated to preferably Masters level or higher in a quantitative discipline such as Engineering, Applied Maths, Physics, Computer Science etc
- Strong analytical background
- 1+ years’ experience in a relevant role
- Coding experience – Python, R or Perl preferred, but any programming language considered provided you are willing and able to learn new languages
- Strong Excel skills and/or MySQL knowledge
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Webmarketing Analyst in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.