As a Web Analyst you will be responsible for discovering data-driven customer insights that drive positive change to our products. Collaborating with product owners, data scientists, researchers and designers to understand and prioritise opportunities is key to this pivotal role within the business. Booking.com is looking for someone to take ownership of our Google Analytics implementation and delivery of insights to a variety of stakeholders across different teams, tracks and departments.
If you consider yourself to be that unique hybrid of data hacker, business analyst, researcher, communicator and mentor that maintains a strong customer focus and values pragmatism over perfection, then we’d like to hear from you.
- Become a reliable expert on Google Analytics and our internal data tools.
- Take ownership of our Google Analytics implementation and education.
- Collaborate with development teams to maintain data integrity and to help them improve data collection through Google Analytics.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis using tools such as Google Analytics, BigQuery as well as our raw internal data, as necessary.
- Make recommendations to improve the user experience and grow our business, based on data-driven insights.
- Collaborate closely with business owners to design, challenge and analyse the impact of A/B tests.
- Ability to see beyond the numbers, be the voice of data when communicating to decision makers.
- Have the capacity to thrive in our fast-paced environment, adapt quickly and take ownership of your work.
- Challenge ideas and methods while working together with talented, highly skilled team members.
- Contribute to the growth of Booking.com through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts.
- 3+ years of experience in a relevant role. Proven ability to leverage data to identify, quantify and influence tangible business gain.
- Strong working knowledge of Google Analytics and/or similar web analytics tooling.
- Knowledge of querying SQL and/or HIVE a plus.
- Experience solving real problems using quantitative and qualitative data.
- Bachelor, Master or equivalent experience in a relevant field (computer science, business administration, economics, engineering, social science, psychology, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen.
- Excellent communication skills; the ability to convey analysis results clearly and with conviction to all levels of stakeholders.
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential. We also offer what we call the “Booking Deal” with other competitive perks and benefits. Technology also has monthly hackathons, training and attends/speaks at global conferences.
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Web Analyst in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.