Join the world’s favourite accommodation platform and help define the future of travel. Reporting to the Director of Product, this position affords the successful candidate broad scope for working on a variety of products within the current and future Booking.com family, based in our office in Shanghai.
Our Booking China UX Manager will lead our Shanghai-based design team and oversee the day-to-day operations of the design department. This includes hiring staff, conducting performance assessments, and managing design resources. The UX manager will also play an instrumental role in helping to define and design our suite of products for the Chinese market. They will work with counterparts across product, tech and marketing departments to drive future vision and create our product presence and designs.
Functions of the UX Manager includes:
- Creating and leading the team in creation of innovative designs that solve customer and business problems
- Ensuring design quality, brand standards and that design directives are followed
- Facilitating and participating in critiques, reviews, or other processes in order provide continual direction to optimize design and innovation
- Lead multiple projects from conception to completion in accordance with deadlines
- Hire, develop, allocate and manage the creative team of designers and other creative disciplines
- Conducting or facilitating team training on business and/or design developments
- Ensure all the products and creatives are consistent with our overall brand
- Utilize a collaborative approach to user experience design that engages the wider team and drives products and people forward for high output success.
- Facilitate workshops, design sprints and other collaborative sessions to engage your colleagues and solve customer problems
We’re looking for a UX Manager with a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience, preferably in design leadership positions. Past experience working in e-commerce, or in data-driven product development teams is a plus.
- Fluency in Mandarin and English in spoken and written formats
- Excellent interpersonal skills are a must, able to have a clear creative vision while remaining open to others’ ideas.
- Strong UX experience, with a mass consumer digital environment, such as marketplaces, SaaS, media, Travel, retail, classifieds, etc.
- Experience of working in customer-orientated user experience design projects
- Technical knowledge of design processes, mobile app development processes, and product development processes
- Be creative and innovative, have a keen awareness of current and upcoming trends in technology and design.
- Intellectual curiosity, and the ability to interpret data and instigate research to identify new opportunities to improve user experiences
- Ability to put the customer at the heart of your decision making
- Persuasive speaking, influencing and presentation skills
- Leadership skills in order to hire, develop, manage and oversee their design team
- Ability to motivate self and team members
- Ability to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Ability to work in multifaceted working environments
- Excellent Communication (written and verbal) and persuasive speaking, presentation and influencing skills
- Extensive knowledge of design processes and documenting creative ability to develop ideas, flows, designs and propositions to engage our customers
- Strong theoretical and practical user-centred design skills
- Experience managing multidisciplinary individuals and teams
- Experience of working with Tech and Commercial stakeholders, and manage their objectives
- Experience of validating hypotheses through user-testing
- Experience and knowledge of A/B and multivariate testing processes
- Knowledge of Lean UX, Lean startup, Design Thinking, and dual track agile
- Understand how research and discovery are necessary for excellent design
- Enjoy the challenges of integrating good design practice with agile and lean delivery
- Comfortable with change, and guiding others through it
This position is open to candidates worldwide and for the right candidates, we provide Visa and Relocation assistance.
Tech is the core of our business and we ensure that we give the best ‘deal’ possible, to our employees. Here is what you get:
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world-renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work
- Working in a fast-paced and performance-driven culture
- Career Advancement via Online and On-the-job training, Conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in Booking.com
The hiring company Booking.com Customer Service Center (Shanghai) Co. Ltd. is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in China. Booking.com Customer Service Center (Shanghai) Co. Ltd. is looking for a UX Manager.
Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com” refer to Booking.com BV.
The hiring company Booking.com Customer Service Center (Shanghai) Co. Ltd. is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in China. Booking.com Customer Service Center (Shanghai) Co. Ltd. is looking for a UX Manager. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.