Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online hotel reservation service in the world) is looking for the world’s smartest designers. As a member of our Front End team you’ll be given the freedom to make meaningful and measurable improvements impacting millions of people. You’ll join us at our beautiful Amsterdam HQ and work with some of our industry’s smartest people.
Our guiding principle is that by helping our users we help our business. As a designer in our Front End team you’ll be a key part of the idea generation process, working in a small startup-like group which takes full ownership of their part of our platform. You’ll work with developers, product owners, copywriters and user researchers to conceive, analyse, hand code & test your ideas.
‘Designer’ is just what it says on your CV – you’d be just as happy to be labeled an Engineer, or Analyst; a Builder, Hacker or Maker. Because what you really do, what you live for, is solving problems. Your portfolio isn’t a series of beautiful but generic templates – it’s a collection of stories that you can discuss with enthusiasm, and regret … because you’re always getting better at what you do and you’re never satisfied with ‘good enough.’. You’re equally comfortable discussing colour theory, user psychology, or the semantic implications of the DIV tag, you’re a writer of excellent HTML & CSS. You’re excited about the endless potential of the web, and being able to build things that millions of people can use every day.
Your core responsibility will be in combining your knowledge and expertise with the goals of our business to deliver a world-class user experience to our diverse, loyal user-base. You’ll be comfortable taking a data-led approach to design. You will be a passionate advocate for the user, dedicated to the craft of design and excited about working in an agile, collaborative environment.
- Experience: You have at least two years of relevant experience
- Simplicity: Good design is invisible.
- Collaboration: You’ll be working alongside developers and copywriters to create elegant user experiences; you should thrive on feedback, critique and iteration.
- Visual Design: Photoshop, Fireworks, Keynote, MS Paint – whatever works for you. Your process is your own; you get to decide which tools you use.
- HTML/CSS: You’ll be given full ownership of your ideas, and so you’ll be required to both create beautiful mockups/wireframes/prototypes – and implement them.
- Data: You are a successful Designer, but you like to measure your success with data and learn from it every day
- E-Commerce: You understand the challenges and the opportunities that a large e-commerce website has to offer
- You’re excited to learn how to work with our templating and version control systems.
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential. We also offer what we call the “Booking Deal” with other competitive perks and benefits. IT also has monthly hackathons, training and attends/speaks at global conferences.
This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 200+ IT professionals to Amsterdam in the last year!
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a UX Designer (HTML/CSS) in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.