Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world) is looking for the world’s smartest designers. Join the world’s leading accommodation company and help define the future of travel. This position offers the successful candidate the freedom to make meaningful and measurable improvements, impacting millions of people. You’ll join us at our beautiful Amsterdam HQ and work with some of our industry’s smartest people.
As a UX Designer you’ll be a key part of the idea generation process, working in a small startup-like group which takes full ownership of their part of our platform. ‘Designer’ is just what it says on your CV – you’d be just as happy to be labeled an Engineer, or Analyst; a Builder, Maker or Problem Solver. Your portfolio is a collection of stories that you can discuss with enthusiasm, and regret … because you’re always getting better at what you do and you’re never satisfied with ‘good enough’. You’re excited about the endless potential of the web and being able to build things that millions of people can use every day.
As a candidate for the UX Designer position, you possess a broad range of abilities:
- You are comfortable with each part of the design process, from research to exceptional UI design, through to shipping production code
- You are proficient with HTML & CSS
- You have experience with template engines to display data from the backend – you’d be implementing your work using our in-house templating engine (don’t worry – we’ll show you the ropes!)
- You are comfortable creating the wireframes, polished mockups, and prototypes needed to communicate them (e.g., Sketch, Framer, InVision)
- Your strengths include being self-driven and taking full ownership of your ideas to solve challenging problems
- You are comfortable working collaboratively with developers, product owners, and copywriters
- You thrive on feedback and critique, responding with creative thinking and iterative design
- You are a passionate advocate for the user, dedicated to the craft of design and creating elegant user experiences
- You understand and thrive in an environment which employs extensive A/B testing – Booking.com is a data-informed company
We’re looking for Designers with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience, ideally with some history of working in e-commerce & data-informed organisations.
Designers at Booking.com must be excellent collaborators – we work in an agile, dynamic, diverse environment in which openness & humility are key. Our designers combine their knowledge and expertise with the goals of our business to deliver a world-class user experience to our diverse, loyal user-base. At Booking.com, design is a team sport, and together we solve hard problems while keeping the user at the center of everything we do.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace is part of our core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and know that a team of different backgrounds, abilities, and perspectives makes us thrive and build better products. We are fortunate to be members of one of the most diverse design teams in the world and we do our best work when we join forces. We’re looking forward to welcoming you into our team of exceptionally talented and fun colleagues, where you’ll do challenging and rewarding work.
You will also contribute to the growth of Booking.com through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential. We also offer what we call the “Booking Deal” with other competitive perks and benefits. IT also has regular hackathons, training and attends/speaks at global conferences.
This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 200+ IT professionals to Amsterdam in the last year!
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a UX Designer (HTML/CSS) in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.