Are you a digital wordsmith who’s driven by data? Are you curious about what makes a customer click and how to drive loyalty? We’re looking for an e-commerce copywriter with an analytical mind, passion for user experience and a background in B2B and B2C, tech and digital.
You’ll work collaboratively with teams of UX designers, coders and developers to create an engaging and seamless multi-platform booking experience for millions of travelers and properties worldwide.
This role requires a results-focused, strategic thinker. Someone less set on ‘the big idea’ and more intrigued by what little details can make a huge impact. As such, you’ll be required to carry out your own copy-led experiments with business goals in mind, test your hypotheses and examine detailed metrics.
- Write Simplified Chinese copy that supports conversion and click-through rates or impacts other key metrics of Booking.com BV
- Use data and key metrics to measure the impact of various copy requests and transform those insights into measurable ideas
- Help creating multiple copy experiments to test common persuasion techniques and analyze the metrics
- Utilize knowledge of the local market to support growth in China
- Collaborate with a team of fellow copywriters to ensure customer-facing or B2B copy is consistent across all platforms
- Submit copy to language specialists, ensuring they are provided with a sufficient context (both conceptual and visual) for translating your ideas to a local audience
- Respond to enquirers from language specialists that may require additional context in order to satisfy translation requests from your teams
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in online B2B and B2C copywriting with an emphasis on digital, e-commerce and tech.
- Familiar with data metrics and experimentation techniques
- Excellent communication skills and an impeccable eye for detail
- Native in Chinese, fluency in English, and at least one other language (preferred, not essential)
- Ability to approach tasks with a ‘can-do’ attitude, work well independently and in a team
- Tech-savvy, familiar with website, mobile website, iOS and android system
- Good in prioritisation and work efficiency
The hiring company Booking.com Customer Service Center (Shanghai) Co. Ltd. is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in China. Booking.com Customer Service Center (Shanghai) Co. Ltd. is looking for a UX Copywriter. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.