The Booking.com User Research team is looking for an experienced (Mid or Senior level) User Researcher to join our large team in our headquarters in the center of Amsterdam. Help us define the future of travel!
You will be responsible for designing, plan and conduct end to end qualitative and quantitative user research studies to evaluate new and current (mobile & desktop) products. You will have to prioritize your own projects, choose the best methods to capture data needed for your teams, interpret, share and communicate the results and findings to stakeholders and a wider audience in order to drive business decisions.
You will work closely with your team and your stakeholders (e.g: Product Owners, Designers, Developers, other Researchers, Research Coordinators, Web Analysts and Data Scientists). You will have the opportunity to improve and innovate our existing Researches processes and environment.
You will be traveling occasionally across the world to conduct researches to gather relevant contextual insights. This position is located in our headquarters based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Extensive experience with end-to-end user research projects in a business environment
- Experience with 1-on-1 usability testing, surveys, focus groups, and contextual studies.
- Excellent interviewing, communication and social skills – we’re talking to each other and to our customers a lot.
- The ability to time manage and prioritize well.
- User and business focused, and able to balance these needs
- Your strengths include being a self-starter, working collaboratively and being able to own your work.
- You understand and thrive in an environment which employs extensive A/B testing – we’re a data-informed company.
- Your background is ideally in Psychology, Sociology or UX/Interaction design.
- Past experience working in e-commerce, or in data-driven product development teams is a plus.
- Contribute to the growth of Booking.com through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts.
- Initiate and execute research to discover opportunities for concrete website optimization experiments.
- Provide in-depth research insights and communicate the most relevant industry and competitive insights to stakeholders in all departments.
- Help Frontend teams to prioritize and refine their projects by providing the user perspective
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation. We also offer what we call the “Booking Deal” with other competitive perks and benefits. You have a lot of responsibility and freedom to prioritize work and to develop yourself. You’ll get a very international, talented and fun team of colleagues from around the world (to mention a few: China, Brazil, Moldova, US, New Zealand, South Africa and more!)
This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 300+ Technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year!
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a User Researcher in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.