Job Description – Treasury Specialist – Cash Management
Booking.com’s global treasury team is looking for a treasury specialist with exposure to an in-house bank or shared service operation. The ideal candidate will be accustomed to working in an environment of constant change, competing priorities and daily deadlines. Along with cash management experience, you will also be able to demonstrate flawless teamwork, coordination and stakeholder management skills, with the tenacity to support, initiate and drive projects and improve processes involving multiple impacted teams such as tax, legal, accounting and compliance.
You will be part of an experienced team and will report to the Team Leader – Treasury Cash Management and Operations. You will be able to manage multiple ‘hats’ to combine the fast paced, experimentally minded nature of the company, with the risk management and control focused nature of the corporate treasury function.
Due to the rapid and continuous growth of the organization, the tasks and duties of this role will evolve over time. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and challenge yourself to take on additional projects and responsibilities as they present themselves.
- Timely and compliant execution of all treasury payments including intercompany funding, derivative and FX settlements, vendor payments etc
- Manage optimal cash balance levels through visibility, forecasting and coordination with central and regional finance teams
- Investigate and resolve operational items related to notional pooling structures, payment rejections and intercompany netting
- Support the expansion and development of Booking.com’s financial infrastructure including bank connectivity, payment/collection solutions and the compliance control environment
- Involvement in Financial risk management processes (e.g. FX Hedging, VaR analysis, Intercompany Current Accounts etc)
- Liaise and present to internal and external stakeholders across all levels of seniority
- Support process implementation of new SAP functionality including static data management and control
- Identify opportunities to drive value through process automation and the elimination of process waste
- Management of ad-hoc projects where required
- Bachelor’s degree in a financial or economics related discipline
- Experience with cash management activities in a corporate treasury or financial institution environment
- Knowledge of and an interest in financial products and processes (e.g. Forecasting, Liquidity Management, Trade Finance, Financial Risk Management)
- Experience and an affinity with financial systems (e.g. Reval, SWIFT, Banking Platforms etc)
- Experience with SAP is a must
- Self-starter able to work with minimal supervision with a willingness and desire to learn and take on additional responsibilities
- Highly organized and able to demonstrate relentless tenacity to drive business objectives to deliver results
- Broad knowledge of micro and macroeconomic factors, with the ability to translate these into risk-based decisions
- Excellent English speaker with strong communication skills, able to adapt style and approach in order to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders from a variety of different cultures
- Willingness to work flexibly, and undertake global travel if required by the business
The hiring company Booking.com International BV is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International BV is looking for a Treasury Specialist. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.