Booking.com is the world’s #1 accommodation site and the 3rd largest global e-commerce player and is looking for a Technical Support Executive.
The Connectivity Partnerships team (part of the Partner services department) is managing the ecosystem of technology companies (“Connectivity Partners”), which are providing IT solutions for our Accommodation Partners. These IT solutions range from Channel Management to Property Management Systems and from online booking engines to Revenue Management. The objective of the Connectivity Partnerships team is to become the trusted advisor for Booking.com’s Connectivity Partners. Its core focus is to develop existing and recruit new connectivity partnerships to drive a joint and healthy business operation and accelerate on a mutual growth ambition.
As the world’s leading accommodation site, Booking.com is at the center of a fast transforming market where guests expect the best possible experience in arranging their travel accommodation. To lead this transformation and to deliver on Booking.com’s mission, it’s of strategic importance to drive a high adoption of the products and connectivity innovations by Booking.com’s eco-system of Connectivity Partners.
As a Technical Support Executive you are joining a global support team which provides operational and technical support to Connectivity Partners. These Partners connect their IT system with Booking.com’s system via XML and Json to allow the exchange of inventory & reservation data for their connected Accommodation Partners. The purpose of your role is to maintain a high quality connection between the IT systems of Booking.com and the Partners to ultimately enable a positive customer experience. You do this by providing day to day analysis & troubleshooting to Connectivity Partners, testing and rolling out new technical solutions to Partners and supporting internal Accommodation Partner teams on Connectivity issues.
This position reports to the locally based Team Lead and is part of the wider Global Connectivity Support Community. You will work closely with the technical staff of the Connectivity Partners in your region. Internally you collaborate with several departments located throughout Booking.com’s offices worldwide, including our Connectivity teams in New York, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, and local Partner Services teams.
To be successful in the role you need to combine a love of digging deep to resolve issues, with excellent communication skills to provide a highly satisfying experience to our Connectivity Partners and internal departments. You also need to possess strong collaboration skills to work as part of a global team and support internal departments on connectivity issues.
- Act as the technical point of contact for Connectivity Partners, direct-connected hotel chains and internal Accommodation Partner teams.
- Analyze & troubleshoot Connectivity related issues to enable a flawless exchange of inventory & reservation data.
- Proactively review connectivity quality scores of our biggest Connectivity Partners. Collaborate with them to improve the overall connectivity quality following a set of best practises.
- Provide test and roll out support on new technical solutions to Connectivity Partners to drive better Accommodation Partner experiences. This entails conducting scoping calls on implementation planning & technical specifications, proactive advisory on how to program towards our interface, regular check in on progress and final testing of the new solution.
- Coordinate and facilitate the roll out of new interface connections for direct-connected hotel chains.
- Drive the certification process of new Connectivity Partners. Provide guidance on requirements, assist them throughout the process and test the functionality.
- Identify product bugs, validate them and assess business impact. Work with product teams to get them addressed.
- Contribute to the creation of self help content for Connectivity Partners and internal teams. Educate internal teams on technical connectivity concepts to reduce inbound volume.
- Specialize in one particular Connectivity topic and act as the escalation point within the Connectivity Support team. Proactively support team members in getting the required level of expertise on your topic and drive global process consistency.
- Identify opportunities for structural improvement which reduce “customer” effort and/or realize internal efficiencies.
- Participate in global community projects to improve the Connectivity/Accommodation Partner and/or guest experience.
- Fluency in Italian and English (spoken & written) is mandatory, fluency in Spanish is advantageous.
- BA/BS degree, preferably in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field; or equivalent professional experience.
- Understanding of XML or JSON. Knowledge of MySQL or HTML is an advantage.
- 2+ Years experience in technical or operational support role.
- Analytical & problem solving skills with an eye for detail.
- Excellent interpersonal communication & collaboration skills.
- Driven, volunteering for new challenges without being asked, and taking ownership of your work.
- Willing to face all challenges with enthusiasm, and positivity. Can bend and twist with the changes as they come your way.
- Ability to prioritize and deliver according to deadlines and SLAs.
- Ability to effectively work within a fast growing and changing organization
- Customer focused & can-do attitude.
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Technical Support Executive in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.