We are looking for the Program Manager to join our Marketing Innovation group at our Amsterdam headquarters.
Marketing Innovation is responsible to build to the products and technology that will propel Booking.com into the future to make sure we are able to reach every customer with the right product at the right time to give them a truly personalised experience. The Program Manager is responsible for the successful delivery of New Products and Technical Services through the facilitation of technical projects and management of their inter-dependencies, risks and milestone deliverables.
B.responsibleAs a Program Manager you will be working with Product Owners, Principal Developers and Tech Managers in the Marketing Technology group and collaborating closely with our core infrastructure track to deliver efficient and successful execution of cross functional projects and services.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Work with technology leads, agile coaches, and marketing leadership to define technology projects scope, dependencies, risks, and ultimately, the development plan;
- Work with Product Owners and Team Leads to proactively monitor project progress, dependencies, risks and issues;
- Work with marketing leadership to facilitate change management and ensure team leads have the skills necessary to assist in program management;
- Proactively communicate status, resolve issues, and initiate solutions to problems as they arise;
- Support Product Owners in representing Marketing to developers and designers you are delivering services to;
- Organize, promote and implement effective programmatic initiatives to help development teams deliver better services in conjunction with the agile coaches;
- Ensure the delivery of new products or services meets or exceeds expectation relating to quality and usability, using project goals and definitions you helped develop as a baseline;
- Work with Managers of infrastructure to ensure teams have enough people to deliver as planned as part of your day to day tracking and project monitoring duties;
- When necessary, work with 3rd party contributors and ensure seamless integration into the development process;
- Manage communications with all stakeholders, internal to the team and Marketing leadership as well as with customers and external stakeholders;
- Manage dependencies between multiple technical projects, support teams in mitigating issues;
- Track, communicate and help manage risks to ensure the successful outcome of technical projects and initiatives;
- Work together with Agile Coaches to balance People, Process and Product in teams working to achieve product ROI.
- 5 years of experience with successfully managing programs in a web development environment;
- Experience with marketing technology at scale is a plus;
- Experience in software and systems engineering at scale is a plus;
- Experience with machine learning and data science projects is a plus;
- You are organized, excellent in structure and have great attention to details;
- Good collaboration and ability to influence without necessarily having formal authority;
- You are great in balancing multiple projects and getting things done through a agile development processes;
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- You are flexible and adaptable around working styles
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Technical Program Manager in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.