Booking.com is looking for the Program Manager to join our Core Infrastructure department at our Amsterdam headquarters.
Core Infrastructure department supports all systems and services to make sure every day over 1,5 million rooms nights are booked successfully, ultimately, one of the biggest e-commerce companies in the world.
The Program Manager is responsible for the successful delivery of Core Infrastructure services through the facilitation of technical projects and management of their inter-dependencies, risks and milestone deliverables.
As a Program Manager you will be working with Product Owners, Principal Developers and Managers in the Core Infrastructure, as well as interact with front-end developer and designer customers we deliver to. The programs will include several teams and projects within Core infrastructure and you are responsible for driving efficient execution.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Work with Core Infra leads to define technology projects scope, dependencies, and ultimately, the development plan;
- Work with Product Owners and Team Leads to proactively monitoring project progress, dependencies, risks and issues;
- Proactively communicate status and resolve issues, initiate solutions to problems as they arise;
- Support Product Owners in representing Core Infrastructure to developers and designers you are delivering services to;
- Organize, promote and implement effective programmatic initiatives to help development teams deliver better services;
- Ensure the delivery of new products or services meets or exceeds expectation relating to quality and usability, using project goals and definitions you helped develop as a baseline;
- Work with Managers of infrastructure to ensure teams have enough people to deliver as planned as part of your day to day tracking and project monitoring duties;
- When necessary, work with 3rd party contributors and ensure seamless integration into the development process;
- Manage communications with all stakeholders, internal to the team and Core Infrastructure as well as with customers and external stakeholders;
- Manage dependencies between multiple technical projects, support teams in mitigating issues;
- Track, communicate and help manage risks to ensure the successful outcome of technical projects and initiatives
- 4 years of experience with successfully managing programs in a web development environment;
- Experience in software and systems engineering at scale is a plus;
- You are organized, excellent in structure and have great attention to details;
- Good collaboration and ability to influence without necessarily having formal authority;
- You are great in balancing multiple projects and getting things done;
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Technical Program Manager in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.