As a result of continued rapid growth we are currently seeking a Data Analyst to work with our Financial Planning and Analysis team.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the FP&A Data & System team and will be responsible for maintenance and development of current FP&A data & reporting systems, and initiation of future system improvements and developments. You will report to the FP&A Manager Data & Systems, and will be based in our headquarters in Amsterdam. This role requires a dynamic and enthusiastic person with combined development and analytical skills.
- Provide operational system support and act as a Go-To Data Person for FP&A systems;
- Gather business requirements and translate them to system requirements;
- Participate in the full life cycle of projects which focus on updating and improving FP&A systems, including development, testing, code deployment and maintenance;
- Proactively analyze current systems and processes and seek better alternatives or improvements where necessary;
- Support the FP&A end user community and provide training on technical tools and/or processes where necessary;
- Take ownership of generation and distribution of periodic financial reports;
- Function as subject matter expert for technical questions and issues raised by Financial Analysts, and co-ordinate further escalation and resolution with the IT development teams and Product Owners where required;
- Participate in new data related innovation programs and play key role in end-to-end implementations
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role;
- Strong technical, analytical, and development skills;
- Background in Analysis or IT engineering;
- Strong SQL knowledge is essential;
- Knowledge of Hadoop Big Data is essential;
- Experience with Financial Reporting is preferred;
- Experience with Perl, Python, VBA or other scripting language is an advantage
- Able to work in an Agile results orientated international environment;
- Flexible, proactive, hands-on mentality;
- Organized and results oriented;
- Strong team-working skills with ability to work independently, and work well with colleagues at all levels in the organization;
- Self-starter capable of working on own initiative;Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) in English
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) in English
The hiring company Booking.com International BV is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International BV is looking for a System Analyst . Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.