As a Director Software Development, you are responsible for leading a department of self steering Agile teams, focused on relentlessly growing our Chinese market offerings.
We hire the best and the brightest professionals, and we empower individuals rather than restrict them.
Your role is to lead Technology and Engineering within the China Business Unit in order to grow toward their goals, whilst keeping them in line with company vision and strategy. You can hold your own in a technical argument, but you know getting out of the way is often the best option.
You get things done via influence not authority. You unlock the creativity of your team and inspire them to build the best for our customers. You work closely with your product and business stakeholders and counterparts to ensure we are always working towards what’s most important for our customers and to achieve high business impact.
You take full end to end responsibility for your area.
- Lead and grow a sub-department ( 100+ FTEs) of agile development teams within Technology, focused on a specific business area.
- Serve as a key leader of the Leadership team in China, develop a solid collaborative working relationship with product, business and engineering teams.
- Coaching and developing top technical talent, such as Principals, Technical leads and Senior managers.
- Ensure that the engineering practices are adhered to, work closely with the team in building and adapting our products & systems to meet the highest standards.
- Be on the lookout for significant technology impediments and scalability issues that need attention.
- Work closely with product leadership and make sure the organisation is properly designed to deliver maximum impact and support our current and future business priorities.
- Measure success KPI’s and report on tracks and team performance and business impact
- Ensure clear and effective communication at all levels: proactively keep all stakeholders informed of what’s happening, upcoming changes, projects, issues, etc.
- Collaborate closely with the hiring team and contribute to the growth of Booking.com through interviewing, onboarding, or other recruitment efforts.
- Empower your teams to do their best work at Booking.com
- Contribute to the delivery of the Technology department’s goals. Own Technology-wide topics and help lead and grow the department.
- 7+ years experience in a similar leadership or managerial role
- Technical background, ability to lead engineering teams and drive technology is a must
- Experience working on large scale platforms
- Independent, pragmatic and proactive work attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of the travel industry is a plus
This position is open to candidates worldwide and when hired we provide relocation assistance.
IT is the core of our business and we ensure that we give the best ‘deal’ possible, to our employees. Here is what you get:
- Living and working in Shanghai, one of the most vibrant cities in China
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real time impact of your work
- Working in a fast paced and performance driven culture
- Career Advancement via Online and On-the-job training, Hackathons, Conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working at Booking.com
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume in English.
The hiring company Booking.com Customer Service Center (Shanghai) Co. Ltd. is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in China. Booking.com Customer Service Center (Shanghai) Co. Ltd. is looking for a Technical Director. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.