Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online hotel reservation service in the world) and/or its various support companies throughout the world are looking for people to support the business in the fast-growing hotel markets.
Booking.com (France) SAS, one of the support companies in France, is looking for a Team Leader Customer Service in Lille.
As a Customer Service Team Leader you will report to the Customer Service Manager in Lille Metropole and in cooperation with a team of Customer Service Team Leaders you will be responsible for motivating and leading the global customer service team. This role is ideal for an articulate, energetic and enthusiastic customer service professional with leadership flair, skill to motivate others, and experience in a contact centre environment. As well as experience within a customer support service or customer-facing role you will be passionate about providing the best possible levels of customer support services, driving and delivering in-bound results and have experience or potential to run a highly motivated, dynamic and efficient team of Customer Service Executives. You will have strong communication skills, both oral and written, and of course, excellent leadership, coaching and mentoring abilities. You should be efficient, organized, adaptable and capable of working on your own initiative in carrying out your day-to-day data tasks with limited need for supervision. You should be skilled at multi-tasking and able to co-ordinate a variety of tasks.
This position is on our Late Shift, which means working shifts scheduled in the afternoons and evenings (up to 22:00).
- Ensure that all new Customer Service Executives within your team receive an informative induction program to introduce them to the business, systems and customer services standards and processes.
- Provide ongoing management support to the team, in terms of motivation, customer service training, and Customer Service Executives best practice
- Conduct regular weekly 1-2-1 meetings with Customer Service Executives to maintain focus and motivation on customer service standards and targets. Feedback the outcome of these meetings to the Customer Service Manager, discussing any areas of concern, training requirements or achievements
- Track and monitor performance levels, and highlight any areas of underperformance to the Customer Service Manager. Take responsibility for tackling underperformance alongside the Customer Service Manager
- Assist in and conduct, mid and end of year performance reviews
- Be analytical and solutions-focused
- If necessary, replace and carry out activities for Customer Service Manager when needed
- Manage any escalated (from the team) incoming hotelier and guest queries (email & phone) regarding the hotel intranet system, system problems, reservations, over-bookings, reservations, hotel amenities/service and room invoicing.
- Liaison with the appropriate teams and/or Booking.com BV in order to gain relevant information and action, to resolve problems or provide support to the team
- Contribute to creating a positive and dynamic atmosphere within the team and within the company by displaying a professional and proactive attitude on all matters
- Demonstrate the ability to coach and develop the team in handling customer calls
- To be an effective Change Manager – to know how to handle periods of change and lead a team through such periods, displaying motivating and encouraging behaviours.
- To be proactive in managing the team, staff productivity and undertake effective real time monitoring of the customer service levels
- You will also need to be versatile and adapt quickly to the latest guidelines from Booking.com BV
- Relevant experience in people management
- Customer service and results focus
- Flexibility, able to work various shifts if required
- Leadership flair with the skill to motivate others to perform and exceed expectations
- Extended call centre experience is a must
- Professional, proactive, positive and “can-do” attitude
- Communication skills (written and verbal)
- Analytical skills
- Able to work evenings