We are looking for a talented Team Leader to join our Content Agency Operations Team to manage our Simplified Chinese Language Team, including both Language Specialists and Copywriters in a full-time position based in Shanghai.
Booking.com runs one of the world’s largest content agencies, providing language, copy, visual content, geo, moderation and content management services to a variety of clients throughout the business.
To ensure that the Content Agency delivers the level of service expected by our clients, in terms of quality and turnaround, our teams are managed by a Team Leader.
As a Team Leader in Content Agency Operations, you will be providing guidance and support to your team members to deliver on team targets and KPIs. You will be empowering your people to develop their skills and navigate their personal development whilst ensuring they are engaged and motivated.
This role requires an individual with an ability to build relationships, identify team and business trends, as well as well as being a team player with the ability to work independently, be able to prioritise based on business needs, have a natural ability to work well under pressure and quickly and confidently react to challenges and changes.
You will be working closely with the Team Leaders in the Content Agency Operations, Central teams and local departments, being the Content Agency Ambassador.
You will be reporting to the Regional Manager Agency Content Operations.
- Workload management to ensure delivery and improvement on KPIs and targets
- Maintain and improve defined quality and productivity standards
- Ensure language coverage and team’s availability
- Allocation and management of team budgets
- Assess individual performance, recognise and promote excellent performance and address underperformance
- Identify and grow talent, provide feedback, coach, train and support your direct reports’ development needs and personal development
- Ensure that your direct reports are engaged with the company vision and priorities, as well as the Content Agency strategy
- Create and support an environment oriented to open communication, creative thinking, cohesive team effort, building trust and engagement teams.
- Be an effective change manager and lead your team through periods of change, displaying motivating and encouraging behaviours.
- Clear understanding of business goals and aligning team goals to actively support these goals
- Maintaining a healthy local presence by networking and building relationships with local departments
- Build strong working relationships with relevant stakeholders
- Be a role model for company policies and procedures and ensure that your team understands and adheres to them
- Management experience required (3 years), in an international environment is a plus
- Passion for people development
- Experience with coaching for performance
- Great communication skills with the ability to stay balanced and resourceful
- Analytical skills with the ability to interpret performance data and draw conclusions to make business decisions
- Positive and solution-oriented attitude
- Flexible and change champion being able to operate in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Pro-active, sense of responsibility and ability to both work in a team and independently
- Native Chinese speaker and high proficiency in English
- Dynamic, challenging and multicultural work environment
- Possibilities for further career growth within our fast growing company
- Compensation package consists of fixed salary, annual bonus and social benefits
The hiring company Booking.com (Shanghai) Ltd is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in China. Booking.com (Shanghai) Ltd is looking for a Team Leader Agency (Shanghai). Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.