Booking.com B.V. in Amsterdam (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world) and its various support companies are looking for people to support the business in the fast-growing accommodation markets. Do you like to work for a fast growing dynamic organization? Do you like to work with people? Are you an ambitious self-starter? Would you like to work for a diverse, international and multicultural organization? And are you a Team Lead with attention for detail and drive for innovation? If the answer to these questions is yes, then we are looking for you.
In order to create capacity for growth all payout activities have been consolidated into one single payout team. This role will head this new team and play a key role in the coordination of bringing the team together. For the Payment Operations team we are looking for an enthusiastic Team Lead. The Team Lead Payouts – Payment Operations is responsible for managing all related pay-out processes of Booking.com in an accurate and timely manner in accordance to internal policies and external regulations. The Team Lead Payout will be responsible for a team of 6-8 Payout accountants that process all accommodation, vendor and guest payouts for Booking.com. As Team Lead you will identify and drive opportunities to improve the payout processes while always considering the impact on compliance and risk. You will also play a key role in setting priorities to internal stakeholders like the Banking team and Financial Systems team to get support on identified process improvements.
Together with the process owner payouts you will add new payout capabilities (i.e.: higher frequency, different currencies, different methods) to support needs from product teams.
- Manage, coach and develop a team of payout accountants 6-8 people
- Set direction and targets for the teams, define objectives and key result
- Identify and follow-up on opportunities for improvements on the payout process
- Build strong relationships with other departments within the company i.e. compliance, banking, financial systems
- Make effective independent decisions, when necessary
- Reviewing and updating policies and process descriptions to ensure the control environment is adequately documented with key controls in place;
- Preparation of various (ad hoc) analysis and reports
- Support the Controller Payments and Senior Manager Payment Operations in achieving departmental goals, quality controls and strategy
- The tasks and responsibilities may change over time
- 3+ years experience in Finance or related field, with 1-2 years of management experience desirable
- Master or Bachelor degree in relevant discipline
- Work experience in banking or at a payment provider is a plus
- Ability to support, develop and grow team members on an individual level
- Knowledge on international banking systems and SAP BCM is preferred
- Knowledge of SOx, risks and controls is preferred
- Detail oriented and process focused
- Ability to make independent decisions and set priorities
- Networking and ability to influence others
- Organizational change management skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Proficient in both spoken and written English.
The hiring company Booking.com International BV is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International BV is looking for a Team Lead Payouts - Payment Operations. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.