We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic Customer Service Team Lead, due to the rapid and continuous growth of the organization. We offer a dynamic, motivating and sophisticated work environment with a culture that is open, innovative and performance orientated. Our scale and scope, commitment to people and high standards of integrity make Booking.com a great place to work. If you would like to be part of our team in Amsterdam and you think you can make a difference, have a closer look at this job opening.
This unique position is a great opportunity for an energetic, open-minded, inspiring people manager to effectively lead, motivate and develop a team of about 15 talented multilingual Customer Service Executives.
Exercising excellent leadership and communication skills you develop and coach an international team in an environment that embraces change, cultivate service excellence, productivity, growth, empowerment, teamwork and high self-esteem.
You report directly to the Customer Service Manager of this location.
- Coach and counsel to drive improvements in the team;
- Implement and execute company policies and procedures and setting priorities;
- Assure strong quality as well as productivity standards within your team;
- Track and monitor performance levels, and manage underperformance;
- Conduct monthly 1-2-1 meetings with CSEs of your team to maintain focus and motivation on Customer Service standards and targets;
- Prepare and conduct quarterly performance reviews and keep track of progress during the year;
- Drive the team in order to achieve requested departmental targets;
- Manage escalated complaints of hoteliers as well as customers by phone and e-mail, if necessary;
- In collaboration with other Customer Service Team Leads monitor Customer Service activities and performance on a daily basis;
- Schedule and distribute tasks and projects within the team;
- Coach and develop the team to be commercially aware when handling customer calls;
- Be an effective Change Manager, who knows how to handle periods of change and lead a team through such periods, displaying motivating and encouraging behaviors;
- Ensure coverage of TL line during opening hours;
- Collaborating with HR in the recruitment process of new CSEs and ASEs;
- Building strong relationships with other departments within the company;
- Replace and carry out activities of other Team Leads or the Customer Service Manager if needed;
- Assist in additional tasks and projects if needed.
This role is ideal for an articulate, energetic and enthusiastic customer service professional with leadership flair and ability to motivate others. As well as experience within a customer services or customer-facing role you will be passionate about providing the best possible levels of customer services and have experience in or potential to run a highly motivated, dynamic and efficient team.
You possess strong communication skills, both oral and written, and of course, excellent leadership, coaching and mentoring abilities. You should be efficient, organised, adaptable and capable of working on your own initiative in carrying out your day-to-day data tasks with limited need for supervision. You should be skilled at multi-tasking and able to co-ordinate a variety of tasks.
- Min. 3-5 years people management experience in an international environment, preferably in an inbound customer contact center;
- Experience of working in a Contact Centre environment, good understanding of contact centre’s KPI’s and SLA’s;
- Passionate about people development and coaching, proven experience in performance management and call monitoring;
- Ability to work well under pressure especially in a changing environment;
- Pro-active, enthusiastic and motivating Leader;
- Strong communication and analytical skills;
- Advanced English writing and speaking skills, any additional language is a strong plus;
- Flexible and able to work either late (14.30-23.00) or weekend (every weekend + 3 days during the week) shift;
- Experience in hotel/travel industry is a plus.
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonus. We also offer what is called the “Booking Deal” with competitive benefits.
- This role is based in our state of the art offices in Amsterdam
- 12 month contract with the idea to build a long-term relationship
- 40 working hours
- Quarterly performance bonus of 12% if 100% of goals are achieved
- Dynamic and fast paced work environment
- Booking Benefit (get discount on your Booking.com reservations)
- Access to shopping-, gym- and restaurant discounts locally
- If needed we will supply you with a relocation package
- Booking.com is the world leader in booking accommodations online and our growth provides you with constant challenges and chances for growth
Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online hotel reservation service in the world) and/or its various support companies throughout the world are looking for people to support the business in the fast-growing hotel markets. Booking.com Customer Service Center (Netherlands) B.V., one of the support companies in Netherlands, is looking for a Team Lead - Customer Service.