As the Team Lead DevOps you will be working in the IT Services Infrastructure department that supports the corporate environment. In your role you will individually contribute and provide technical leadership to a team of engineers who develop and maintain critical systems in our infrastructure. In this role you will be hands-on and leading by example while impacting the business globally.
- Lead and individually contribute to efforts in software & tool development, automation, continuous integration & deployment, and configuration management;
- Drive the strategy, design and implementation of solutions that improve the stability, scalability, availability and latency of the corporate IT infrastructure and services;
- Build, improve and maintain tooling and scripts for automation purposes;
- Proactively manage issues, monitor user impact and experience and identify opportunities to mitigate and prevent them;
- Provide assistance in creating integration between multiple applications & services, both on premise and in the cloud.
- Be a technical leader to a small agile team of 4-6 engineers and developers;
- Identify and grow talent, provide feedback and look after people’s personal development;
- Assess individuals performance, recognize and promote excellent performance, and address under-performance;
- Work closely with our Product Owners and other stakeholders to ensure alignment with the business priorities;
- Share the on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for incidents;
- Contribute to Booking.com’s growth through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts.
- At least 4 years experience in providing technical leadership to a small engineering team;
- At least 2 years experience with people management;
- Strong proficiency in at least one programming language. For example with Perl, Python and/or Java;
- Proven experience with scripting & automation with Powershell;
- Hands-on experience with designing, improving and troubleshooting large scale systems;
- Experience with configuration management and tooling;
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD;
- Understanding of SLO’s/SLI’s and Blackbox/high level Monitoring is a plus;
- Experience with setting technical and business metrics and make data driven decisions;
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills;
- Customer focused & business oriented;
- Experience working in an international and globally distributed organisation;
- Fluent in English language both spoken and written.
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential. We also offer what we call the “Booking Deal” with other competitive perks and benefits. In the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam.
The hiring company Booking.com International Services B.V. is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International Services B.V. is looking for a Team Lead - DevOps IT Services. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.