The Partner Services Business Insights team is a recently formed high-impact team that supports Partner Services with business Strategic Insights & Reporting across different layers of its organization. The team is part of the broader Operational Excellence team.
You will define and own the Reporting landscape on performed activities by our Operations PS wide (+3500 employees across several roles), aimed at providing all layers of the organization with transparency on their performance, covering Commercial Performance, Quality & Operations with the goal to drive performance up.
You will work closely with different layers of the organization to understand and define the overall reporting landscape, including audience, content and frequency, to ensure insightful and actionable data to steer the Department’s objectives.
As a Team Lead Analytics you will lead a team of reporting analysts into delivering your plan through management and coaching best practices, keeping people development at heart. You are also expected to become the key reference point for the team within the Big Data track of the company, to ensure all the data needed for reporting is available.
- Work with various functions within operations (regional and local offices) & HQ to define the reporting landscape, what we want to share, how we share it & how it will look
- Own the reporting roadmap for the department with clear objectives/milestones.
- Manage expectations of a large operations team on how & when they can expect deliverables coming out of your team -and what business purpose your deliverables serve
- You will need strong stakeholder management across multiple levels of a matrix organization to drive overall reporting simplification (including phasing out existing duplicate reporting)
- Grow team expertise and organizational capabilities
- Communicate recommendations supported by a compelling storyline to key stakeholders to ensure impact and drive change in the organization
- Work closely with Product & Big Data tracks to ensure the data modeling is scalable & robust for operational needs. For this point, you will be regarded as the key contact point.
- 3+ years in defining and driving reporting strategy (KPI definition, reporting landscape, etc.) across large teams.
- 3+ years of experience with data visualization applications and techniques, direct experience with Tableau preferred.
- Proven ability to derive and articulate insights from data across all levels of an organization.
- Experience in Business intelligence, translating complex business scenarios into actionable metrics.
- Experience as first-line manager
- Understanding and experience with SQL and relational databases
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to recognize improvement opportunities on a continuous basis
- Ability to influence in a matrixed organization
- Working experience with agile methodology a plus
- Exposure to online travel, technology, or e-commerce industries a plus
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Reporting and Analytics Team Lead in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.