Do you want to drive the way we use machine learning to help travelers to explore the world? Join us in Amsterdam as a Group Product Manager, Machine Learning!We are growing our central machine learning team, and are looking for someone with great drive and experience to take a leading role in our internal product.The role will work hands on with a development team building machine learning tools, allowing all product teams to solve genuine customer needs. You will work hand-in-hand with your team of data scientists, developers and designers to constantly support product teams with finding and testing improvements. This role is an experienced leader with significant responsibility, and we will offer you a fantastic opportunity to help improving the traveller journey of the world’s largest online accommodation reservations website. If you have a user focus, a solid background in statistics / data science, and experience building machine learning based products, we want to chat with you!
You will be the voice of the customer and supporting product innovation, from in-depth product understanding and feature development through to experimentation.
- You will work hands on with a development team building machine learning tools, to help other product teams enhancing the customer experience.
- You will operate at the boundary between our internal users building customer facing products, and infrastructure teams providing the base layer for our internal tools.
- Ultimately you will be responsible for a product development track, which involves setting the direction for multiple product owners and teams.
- You will be responsible for the product roadmap and you make sure it is in line with Booking.com’s business objectives. Together with your Product Manager you translate the product roadmap to goals for the individual teams.
- You need to lead the product direction while supervising your team.
- You will orchestrate and be ultimately responsible for projects and products within your own track, and be able to define track core KPI(s).
- You use both quantitative and qualitative research to improve the product.
- You will report directly to the Director of the department.
- You will contribute to the team through interviewing, onboarding, or other recruitment efforts.
Who you are:
Be humble. Be yourself.
- 5-7+ years of Product Experience with high traffic (50,000+ visitors per day), preferably E-commerce sites.
- You are a smart, hands-on and creative people manager with natural leadership skills.
- You are an entrepreneur and self-motivating, with experience leading product departments (vision and KPIs/objectives setting, ideation and implementation process, team alignment with business goals).
- User-focused individual who keeps the customer at the heart of everything you do.
- A proven track-record of developing products that are powered by machine learning, with strong technical understanding.
- Excited by the latest developments in AI, and aware enough to realise which ones can actually help solve customer problems.
- Passionate about product development and constantly looking for ways to improve it.
- Data-driven, you base your decisions on facts rather than opinions; experience with experimentation (for example A/B testing).
- A go-getter who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty and dives into a project to achieve success by problem-solving.
- Self-motivated and results-driven with a “take charge” attitude to manage the full development cycle of a product.
- Agile and creative with the tenacity to thrive in a constantly changing environment.
Experience with stakeholder management (finance, budgeting, team management, recruitment, internal users, infrastructure teams).What’s in it for you?
The Group Product Manager position is open to worldwide candidates. We provide assistance for you and your family with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 300+ technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year.
- Headquarters located in one of the most vibrant cities in Europe: Amsterdam
- Performance based company that offers 26 vacation days, career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential.
- Trainings, regular hackathons and opportunities to travel and attend global conferences.
- Discount on Booking.com accommodations with the “Booking Deal” including other perks and benefits.
- Company sponsored family and social activities to help our employees become integrated with each other and Dutch culture.
- Diverse, unique colleagues from every corner of the world.
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Group Product Manager- Machine Learning in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.