The Sr. Manager Global Recruitment Technology, Product & Marketing is a member of the Recruiting Leadership team and is responsible for delivering hiring results for our Technology, Product & Marketing functions in diverse countries whilst partnering with Senior Leadership and colleagues in the development and execution of the global talent acquisition strategy, recruitment processes and analytics.
The Sr. Manager Global Recruitment Technology, Product & Marketing is a passionate customer and candidate advocate with proven analytical capabilities and project management skills, extreme attention to detail, and the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task. They will be a self-starter with diverse recruiting and HR experience and a passion for recruiting, a high level of flexibility, commitment, and the ability to tackle ambiguity.
This role reports to the Global Recruitment Director and is based at our HQ in Amsterdam. You will be responsible for managing, improving, and redefining the systems and processes that identify and secure the most coveted talent in the industry while always providing magical candidate experience.
- Ensure the Technology, Product & Marketing recruitment team is proactive in achieving hiring targets, inspiring a dispersed team of recruiters.
- Regular communication with hiring managers and key stakeholders.
- In partnership with Recruiting Leadership team, improve the recruitment process in the organization including application of metrics, measurement, reporting and taking action to close gaps.
- Develop and implement high quality, innovative and cost effective sourcing strategies
- Establish effective selection process and ensure adoption.
- Informed of market trends and recruiting practices.
- Monitor and actively manages budget and recruiting investments.
- Partner with other Global Recruitment Managers to ensure alignment around global processes, systems, sourcing strategies, social media and employment branding.
- Monitor labour legislation and implements required changes to ensure compliance.
- Proactively share recruitment topics, progress, innovations and results.
- Manage and develop members of the Technology, Product & Marketing recruitment teams.
- Conduct performance evaluations and prepare developmental plans for staff.
- Work closely with the businesses and HR stakeholders to ensure alignment in creating a global recruiting strategy to support the growth of the business.
- Develop and implement forecasts and manage team- and customer-facing metrics.
- Continually develop domain knowledge of the business function.
- Manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Handle multiple problems simultaneously with high judgment.
- Have excellent problem solving, organizational, interpersonal and motivational skills.
- 8+ years experience recruiting high volume in a fast-paced environment within technology, service or hospitality sectors.
- 3+ years leadership and managerial experience across a 20+ member team and multi-country geography.
- A role model in creative sourcing strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with key stakeholders in execution of recruiting initiatives.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to leverage data to support a business case then pursues creative solutions.
- Engaging leader that supports teamwork and putting others forward.
- Excellent communication skills, able to influence and develop strong relationships.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and capable of adapting and responding to change.
- Experience working in a globally matrixed environment.
- Partners and influences senior leadership; is self-confident, and capable in building proactive and meaningful relationships throughout our global organisation.
- Frequent domestic and international travel is to be expected in this role.
- Must be passionate about travel!
Business Acumen – Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
Composure – Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn’t show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis.
Confronting Direct Reports – Deals with problem direct reports firmly and in a timely manner; doesn’t allow problems to fester; regularly reviews performance and holds timely discussions; can make negative decisions when all other efforts fail; deals effectively with troublemakers.
Directing Others – Is good at establishing clear directions; sets stretching objectives; distributes the workload appropriately; lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner; maintains two-way dialogue with others on work and results; brings out the best in people; is a clear communicator.
Approachability – Is easy to approach and talk to; spends the extra effort to put others at ease; can be warm, pleasant, and gracious; is sensitive to and patient with the interpersonal anxieties of others; builds rapport well; is a good listener; is an early knower, getting informal and incomplete information in time to do something about it.
Motivating Others – Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; can assess each person’s hot button and use it to get the best out of him/her; pushes tasks and decisions down; empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; makes each individual feel his/her work is important;is someone people like working for and with.
Perseverance – Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
Peer Relationships – Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers.
Communication – Responsible for internal and external communications at all levels within booking.com and external with candidates and social networks, media and diverse communities.
The hiring company Booking.com International BV is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International BV is looking for a Sr. Manager Global Recruitment Technology, Product & Marketing. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.