The Sr. Manager – E-commerce Distribution will be responsible for the foundation and building of a new team at Booking: Supply Distribution Management. This new function will look to optimize our revenue flows throughout the year by targeting specific time based demand on varying scales and by leveraging varying channels.
The role involves building and leading 2 functional teams, one team of Analysts and one team of Project Managers that can help identify, unlock and coordinate our approach to get the most relevant supply for our customers. This optimization will be done through driving the right product (e.g. pricing and availability), via the right channel, at the right time.
The Senior Manager – E-commerce Distribution will be expected to build efforts across many business units and business functions to drive commercial success to our full database of partners around the world. This may be done on a regional base, driving localization, as well as on a Global base to drive collaborative efforts for global seasons such as European Summer. This will be achieved by successfully designing processes to enable all distribution channels to get the most relevant supply for our customers. This person would also closely work with the marketing science team on the demand side, to understand how traffic flows are behaving to best increase conversion. The successful candidate would also be required to build and implement a department wide, cross channel campaign calendar to reach the partner base across channels at the right time.
A high level of leadership, stakeholder management, ownership, management experience and sound business knowledge is mandatory. Entrepreneurial, self starter with knowledge or experience developing eCommerce, Revenue Management functions would be a plus. Expect to interact daily with roles across the organisation, from Support through to the Leadership Team.
- Build, lead and develop functional teams
- Create and define the strategy on how to unlock the most relevant supply for our customers with this teamBuild & share milestones and future team vision to various senior stakeholders
- Set Objectives and Key Results for this new team, that are linked to the department and company success
- Develop and design success metrics Design processes, structure and organizational functions to drive business growth
- Own time based demand conversion from a supply perspective
- Understand and analyse global traffic flows to better drive localization
- Work with product teams to improve and develop tooling and systems to support the function
- Work with all Partner Marketing channels to our partner base to maximize their effectiveness
- Collaborate with our accommodation business unit to translate company strategy into additional revenue
- Work with regional teams to better understand regional opportunities
- Work with multiple internal departments Understand basic data concepts and have strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Business degree (MBA preferred)
- 10+ years of relevant working experience
- Experience in building a cross functional discipline in an eCommerce environment
- Solid understand of eCommerce platforms & marketplaces with previous experience in supply & demand
- Good knowledge of distribution channels
- Strong numerical ability & good analytical skills
- Excellent communicator & stakeholder management
- Ability to critically review and analyse complex problems and situations
- Ability to lead & influence across functions & business units
- Understanding of time limited revenue generation
- Knowledge of the travel/accommodation industry advantageous
This position is open to worldwide candidates. We provide assistance for you and your family with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 300+ professionals to Amsterdam in the last year.
- Headquarters located in one of the most vibrant cities in Europe: Amsterdam
- Performance based company that offers 26 vacation days, career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential.
- Trainings and opportunities to travel and attend global conferences.
- Discount on Booking.com accommodations with the “Booking Deal” including other perks and benefits.
- Company sponsored family and social activities to help our employees become integrated with each other and Dutch culture.
- Diverse, unique colleagues from every corner of the world.
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Sr. Manager - E-commerce Distribution in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.