Are you passionate about disrupting a rapidly changing industry? Are you excited about working in a startup environment for one of the most successful brands in e-commerce and online travel? Booking.com is the planet’s #1 accommodation site and we are united by a single mission: to empower people to experience the world. Whether in our Amsterdam HQ or at one of our 180+ offices worldwide, our 13,000 employees work hard to help make more than one million travel dreams come true every single day.
We continue to scale at incredible speed and as Senior HR Business Partner, you will serve as a liaison between the business and our People department to assess People needs in areas such as employment, performance management, compensation, career development and competency development. In this role you will partner with a department, work closely with their management team and the People functions throughout the planning and execution for these programs, tying them back to the departmental goals and the business strategy. You will need strong influencing skills and the ability to translate client business needs and goals into human resource capabilities needed to achieve results. It is key you understand the business you are supporting
You will also help improve organizational structure, provide advice and lead and participate in company wide projects such as creation of new job families and job competences; career paths for Booking’s employees; development of internal processes and policies, etc.
This role is based in our Global HQ in Amsterdam and reports to the Head of HR HQ.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand the business, build relationships with your client groups and work with fellow business leaders to help them build a successful organisation
- Lead HR related business initiatives in synergy with Booking.com’s global People organisation, including organizational design, workforce planning, succession planning, compensation, benchmarking, etc.
- Work with senior management and the People functions to develop and implement HR plans and solutions;
- Work with the L&T Managers and the Agile Coach team to assess department training needs and deliver group training sessions as appropriate.
- Review and analyze business metrics including data on retention and employee experience in order to recommend improvements.
- Partner with the business (Managers and Senior Team Lead) to lead both annual and quarterly review processes which focus on performance management and talent development.
- Provide compensation support including salary planning, approval of salary actions, promotions and job re-leveling.
- Work with line managers and employees to address all types of employee relations issues, fairly representing all interests.
- Work with the People functions and the Leadership team to assess, create and implement innovative solutions for a variety of employee engagement initiatives.
- Support and coach the HR Advisor and the HR Specialists in their roles as you will oversee all the HR activities of the department (including, among other, re-org and terminations cases, absenteeism cases, onboarding of new hires, special relocation cases, comp & ben assistance, recruitment support etc.)
Critical Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to influence and partner with different levels of the organization to achieve results.
- Strong business and HR acumen, including strong problem solving skills, critical thinking, and analysis.
- Experience working in an international, high-tech, entrepreneurial environment requiring strong multi-tasking abilities
- Excellent communication and cultural awareness skills.
- A strategic thinker yet focused on execution
- Knowledge of Dutch employment laws (immigration & Tax) will be advantageous
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Human Resources Management or related field. Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management or related field is preferred.
- Fluent in English
- Candidate should have at least 8 years of experience within HR in a dynamic company with broad knowledge and experience in human resources management.
- Ability and confidence to work independently (limited supervision)
- Previous experience working in a HR shared services model
- Experience in the development and implementation of rewards (Compensation and Benefits) plans
- Experience in managing talent process.
The hiring company Booking.com International BV is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International BV is looking for a Sr. HR Business Partner . Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.