Do you have a passion for communication with a talent for developing compelling and visually-engaging content that is aligned to business objectives? Are you hands on and fostering engagement in all you do?
Well, this is your opportunity to put your passion into action! We are on the lookout for an experienced communications specialist to join our team of creative communication practitioners.
At Booking.com we are constantly looking for ways to improve our customer experience and the quality of the service we deliver. This means there are continuous changes to processes, technology and organization that need to be communicated and implemented in our operation of 6000+ people. You will work close together with teams of Customer Services and Accommodation Services, also being an important communication link between global and regional sites.
The role requires someone who is passionate about: Communication, change and planning ahead. With an eye towards challenging and improving the way we work and making communication fun!
We are seeking for a hands-on senior specialist with clear approach, able to deal with a wide variety of changes and projects at the same time. You will set up the communication strategy/plan and agenda, create content & communication packages, organize weekly updates, and help to organize global work sessions for team building and to define next steps in strategy. We expect you to further define your role with us.
This is an opportunity to join a fun, creative, professional team. Don’t believe us? Here’s what the team has to say:
To work for such a large, successful, growing, dynamic business but still have the autonomy, creativity, freedom and independence from our startup culture is a huge plus. At the beginning of each quarter, you are only given the company, department & team goals & you have loads of freedom to decide how you will contribute to those in your role. As a team, we decide where we’re going, but you decide how you’ll contribute to getting us there.
- Star content creator!Create content that translates strategy and projects into compelling storylines that delivers on business goals in a timely, creative and engaging manner. Deliver engaging inspiring content in English.
- Think with your stakeholders – Advise and work with your business partners as part of the business process. Execute communication programs that effectively drive business initiatives.
- Do your prep-work– To be successful in this role, you will have a researcher mind-set – listen to the needs of the organisation, ask the right questions and never make assumptions in arriving at solutions.
- Lead social for Customer Service– Enable our teams in Customer Service (including accommodation service) to optimally use our social platform as a way to work smarter, and to stay informed and engaged within the department, region and sites.
- Develop a communication strategy and program aligned to business objectives, including stakeholders, channels and calendar, to engage, inspire, inform and update stakeholders.
- Support the team to be effective communicators and initiate communication on projects/programs that enable business owners to achieve success
- Create content for weekly updates, newsletters, presentations, team briefings, management meetings, social media, communication packages, speakers notes, video scripts etc.
- Collaborate cross-department with other internal communicators to share best-practices and leverage company-wide content.
- Troubleshoot for the internal social network site and content-related issues; ensure issues/challenges on the platform are dealt with in an efficient manner.
- Align and work close together with internal stakeholders to be updated on developments and recognized in your role and help management to organize events with all global stakeholders.
- 6+ years of communications experience in a global environment; community building and social experience is an advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or other related fields; Master’s degree preferred.
- Creative, open, collaborative mindset with a love for writing, visualizing and research. Ability to identify and articulate themes along with a passion for visually-engaging content.
- Proven communications skills with a demonstrated ability to research, plan and execute in the areas of: content creation, messaging, storytelling and communication channel optimization.
- Ability to operate in a fast paced and dynamic environment; willing to roll up one’s sleeves and get work done.
- Excellent influencer with the ability to collaborate with different stakeholder groups.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently; expert organizational, interpersonal, networking skills including strong teaming and cross-cultural abilities.
- Experience within Customer Service and 24/7 operations is a plus.
The hiring company Booking.com Customer Service Holding B.V. is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com Customer Service Holding B.V. is looking for a Change Communications Specialist – Customer Service. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com” refer to Booking.com BV.
The hiring company Booking.com Customer Service Holding B.V. is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com Customer Service Holding B.V. is looking for a Sr. Communications Specialist. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.