As a Senior Account Manager you will be responsible for the account management team in the appointed market, managing and motivating people in your team. You will be responsible for the account management of some of the hotels in the area. You create quantity and quality reports on results and performance for information support to Booking.com BV. You advise hotels about information on the Booking.com website, and provide them the (initial) training on how to use Booking.com BV‘s system. You will be reporting to the Area Manager in improving hotel availability and supply and supporting Booking.com BV in meeting the demands of the visitors on the Booking.com website.
This full time position will be based in Colombo.
- Manage a team of Account Managers;
- Provide constant feedback and support to your team members;
- Hold regular meetings, 1:1’s, performance and appraisal reviews;
- Direct account management for hotels in an appointed region;
- Visit the important hotels;
- Responsible for area coverage;
- Support Booking.com BV’s-strategy for hotel availability and supply;
- Promote the Booking.com BV brand name and its online reservation services to hotels;
- Liaison person for hotels to contact when they have questions;
- Providing hotels with information and advice by mail and email, including follow-ups;
- Follow up on cancellations and evaluations;
- Accompany and train hotels on how to use Booking.com BV’s extranet and rates & availability system;
- Support hotels with regards to Booking.com BV’s system;
- Liaise with hotels on allotment, availability and supply;
- Organize and coordinate Tourist Trade Fair visits to liaise with hotels;
- You will also need to be versatile and adapt quickly to the latest guidelines from Booking.com BV.
- More than 8 years of experience, out of which 2-4 years of experience in a comparable management function;
- Fluent in English skills;
- Relevant working experience in the Sri Lanka and/or Maldives market is a plus;
- Affinity/experience within e-travel and/or hotel/travel industry;
- Pro-active, sense of responsibility, friendly and ability to work independently;
- Quick and resourceful, flexible, accurate, strong analytical skills and an eye for detail;
- Great face-to-face and telephone communication skills;
- Team player, motivated and enjoys to work in e-travel and hospitality;
- Business focused;
- Positive attitude;
- University background preferred;
- Driver’s license;
- Availability to travel 50% of the time.
- Booking.com may be able to provide a work visa employer sponsorship, on a case by case basis
The hiring company Booking.com Lanka (private) Limited is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in Sri Lanka. Booking.com Lanka (private) Limited is looking for a Sr. Account Manager - Sri Lanka. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.