We are looking for Software Developers who are passionate about their craft, who thrive on challenge and who believe in success through collaboration – people who would complement our existing team of developers!
We offer an international, result-driven, fun, and dynamic environment. If scale and complexity excite you, Booking is the place to B!
This Software Engineer will work with the product team to help with the running of the innovative and business-changing Saas-based web and mobile applications at the highest level of quality, service and availability. Serve as a member of a team that is responsible for the design, implementation and ownership of major modules and sub-systems. Responsible for building and maintaining the SaaS application platform. Support the architecture, design and implementation of new functionality and platform or product enhancement. Play a key steering role in all phases of software development, from planning, designing, implementation, testing, deployment and the day to day operation of products. Work closely with product managers to contribute to the analysis of functional requirements and the overall system architecture. Document and communicate designs and interfaces for use by other engineers. Perform unit testing and communicate status. Analyze risks and compromises and integrate software into a larger system, or diagnose and resolve issues. Understand the full stack, including the various protocols that define communication and the application layer. Develop next generation scalable, flexible, and high-performance systems. Solve issues with the site and internal systems, prioritizing based on consumer impact and Booking.com B.V.’s global strategy. Act as an intermediary for problems, with both technical and non-technical audiences.
This position is based in Seattle, WA.
Support Booking BV in:
- Building and maintaining its SaaS application platform. Architect, create, and implement new functionality and platform or product enhancements as needed
- Playing a leading role in all phases of software development from planning, creation, implementation, testing, deployment, and day-to-day operation of BookingSuite BV’s products
- Working closely with product managers to contribute to the analysis of functional requirements and overall system architecture
- Documenting and communicating designs and interfaces for use by other engineers
Sometimes, solving the toughest problems has little to do with Booking BV software that has been written, and more to do with the complex interaction of multiple systems. Understanding the full stack, from bits going across the wire to the various protocols that define communication all the way up to the application layer is vitally important. Most of us know multiple languages and have worked on multiple platforms. We need self-starters who are great at solving problems, who initiate solutions and discussions and who believe that any challenge can be scaled with the right mindset and tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
- 3+ years as .Net Developer conducting hardcore development.
- Server-Side technologies (web servers, database servers)
- designing and implementing enterprise level software systems
- 1 year of experience in each of the following: using Graphite/ElasticSearch to monitor software systems; Java software development; Linux operating system including common Linux commands; and developing systems or services in Perl.
We offer competitive compensation including base, bonus, and stock, Medical/Dental, 401K, HSA. Our awesome office has a start-up feel and is located in lower Queen Anne with free parking and located near the D-line. Don’t miss the opportunity to help change the face of travel within the success and stability of Booking.com, planet earth’s #1 accommodation site.
The hiring company Booking.com (USA) Inc. is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in United States. Booking.com (USA) Inc. is looking for a Software Engineer. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.