Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online hotel reservation service in the world) and/or its various support companies throughout the world are looking for people to support the business in the fast-growing hotel markets.
Booking.com is looking for Software Developers who are passionate about their craft, thrive on challenges, and believe in success through collaboration – people who would complement our existing team of developers!
We offer an international, result-driven, fun, and dynamic environment. If scale and complexity excite you, Booking is the place to B!
Our technical culture derives strongly from our strong ties to the Perl community. We appreciate what open source means both for our business and also for internal projects. Some of our most useful hacks inside the company have come from someone scratching the proverbial itch.
Even if you do not have Perl experience, your colleagues will help you get up to speed in order to be able to start solving real problems from day one. You will work independently and will also be responsible for making technical decisions within a team. Our development strategy is agile and we work in small Scrum teams of 5-7. We do several rollouts every day, are data-driven and do extensive A/B testing.
Important aspects of the job include:
- Rapidly develop next-generation scalable, flexible, and high-performance systems.
- Solve issues with the site and internal systems, prioritizing based on customer impact
- Act as an intermediary for problems, with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Collaborate with the team, Team Leaders and Product Owners to prioritize projects
- Contribute to the growth of Booking.com through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts
Sometimes, solving our toughest problems has little to do with the software we have written, and more to do with the complex interaction of multiple systems. Understanding the full stack, from bits going across the wire to the various protocols that define communication all the way up to the application layer is vitally important. Most of us know multiple languages and have worked on multiple platforms. We need self-starters who are great at solving problems, who initiate solutions and discussions and who believe that any challenge can be scaled with the right mindset and tools.
We have found that people who match the following requirements are the ones who fit us best:
- 4 years of hardcore development experience with more than one programming language
- Experience of developing in and contributing to open source
- Experience with HTTP and server-side technologies (web servers, database servers)
- Ability to work independently in small teams
- Preferably a university degree in Mathematics or Software Engineering
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential. We also offer what we call the “Booking Deal” with other competitive perks and benefits. The Technology department has regular hackathons, training, and opportunities to attend or speak at global conferences.
This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 300+ Technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year!
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Software Developer in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.