The Social Media team within the Marketing Department at Booking.com is looking for a Social Media Engagement Specialist with proven experience in providing customer support within online platforms.
You are passionate for travel, communicating and people, and will provide a premium community management service by monitoring and responding to all messages through a range of social media accounts and platforms. As a natural problem solver, you will write in the brand voice and seek out every way to create win-win resolutions for both the company and consumer.
Working together with the Customer Service team, you will demonstrate the ability to overcome objections, handle customer complaints, and take ownership of resolving enquiries on social platforms. Based on best practice, you will use your creative flair, strong writing skills, and service mindset to create a positive experience within the social community.
You are a nearly native English speaker with strong written communication skills and have the ability to speak, read and write in English. Experience in customer service, social media & other forms of communications a must.
This is a full-time position and may require scheduled shifts.
- Monitor and respond to our social audience on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and more;
- Serve as the brand voice to actively engage with our community and provide a positive experience;
- Take initiative to seek solutions and resolve high levels of social media enquiries;
- Collaborate with various departments to deliver the best possible outcomes;
- Collaborate with the Customer Service team to escalate and resolve customer issues from social platforms;
- Use social tools to identify and track customer comments and messages
Required Skills & Experience
- Proven track record achieving resolutions from complicated situations;
- Strong written and communication skills in English
- Exceptional attention to detail, tone and grammar;
- Proven copywriting experience with a creative outlook;
- Active listening and problem-solving skills essential;
- Proven ability to work well under pressure;
- Sense of responsibility, independent and customer friendly;
- Enthusiasm and ability to work in a team and independently;
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, or similar is preferred
- For this role we can only consider local candidate, who are authorized to work in the Netherlands without sponsorship
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Social Media Engagement Specialist - English in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.