We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join our Technology team in Shanghai. As a member of one of our infrastructure team, you will be given the freedom to make meaningful and measurable improvements impacting millions of people. You will be working and support Booking.com, one of the biggest e-commerce companies in the world, in developing and operating critical infrastructure for the China market.
- Support Booking.com by designing, deploying and maintaining the public cloud infrastructure for Booking.com in China cloud
- Work with the public cloud provider(s) service team on day to day management and troubleshooting
- Design, develop and implement software that improves the stability, scalability, availability and latency of the Booking.com products;
- Take ownership of one or more services and have the freedom to do what is best to support Booking.com’s business and customers;
- Solve problems occurring with highly available production systems and build solutions and automation to prevent them from happening again;
- Build effective monitoring to monitor the health of the system, and jump in to handle outages;
- Build and run capacity tests to manage the growth of the systems;
- Plan for reliability by designing systems to work across Booking.com’s multinational data centers;
- Develop tools to assist the product development teams with successfully deploying 1000s of change sets every day;
- Share the on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for incidents:
- Contribute to Booking.com’s growth through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts.
- Mastery in at least one programming language, Perl and Java are a plus;
- Experience with building, operating and maintaining complex and scalable systems;
- Experience in managing cloud assets, account, capabilities, operations, connectivities, monitorings, and work with cloud providers
- Solid understanding of Software Engineering and Computer Science principles;
- Solid foundation in Linux administration and troubleshooting;
- Proven experience with automation. Knowledge of configuration management tools like Puppet or Chef is a plus;
- Experience in Networking, Security or Storage
- Be able to understand and formulate meaningful business metrics;
- Creative and not afraid to step outside of your comfort zone;
- Cloud qualification like Alibaba Certified Cloud Associate/Professional or AWS certified solution architect is a plus
- Fluent in English and Mandarin both spoken and written.
The hiring company Booking.com Customer Service Center (Shanghai) Co. Ltd. is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in China. Booking.com Customer Service Center (Shanghai) Co. Ltd. is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.