We are is looking for a Senior Windows Engineer to join our Endpoint Management team in the Amsterdam office. You will be a force multiplier enabling our customers and teams to work more effectively. You will play an important role in designing, building and maintaining the systems that manage our Windows Desktop environment. You will take part in exciting projects and get to make contributions and improvements to the current infrastructure where you will help provide Booking.com employees with the best digital workplace.
In this role you will be responsible for the overall vision and management of the Windows platform at Booking.com. Key responsibilities areas are:
- Drive the future vision of Windows endpoints for Booking.com;
- Design and implement new management systems, and support existing systems to meet business growth and changing business requirements;
- Build, enhance and maintain tooling and scripts to automate repetitive tasks;
- Collaborate with Security and Support teams around strategic initiatives;
- Ensure that system problems are identified, explored and resolved;
- Be accurate in creating and maintaining system documentation;
- 3rd line engineering support for Windows desktop deployments, including in-depth troubleshooting and resolutions with clear documentation;
- Be responsible bringing new techniques and technologies into the team;
- Work with business and system users to define needs, identify problems, evaluating potential solutions, demonstrating, and implementing improvements;
- Assist managers to improve skills of team members, proactively challenge processes and conduct training sessions when necessary.
- Participate in a 24/7 on call rotation
- 8+ years experience with working with SCCM and desktop deployment in a large scale environment;
- Experience with cloud services, specifically Microsoft’s Intune and EMS;
- Experience in designing, implementing and managing systems at scale in a global organization with a heterogeneous computing environment;
- Proven scripting/coding for automation experience, preferably with PowerShell or similar scripting languages;
- Creative, focused on quality and excited about diving into the commercial dynamics of a successful and rapidly growing company;
- Understanding of system monitoring and alerting; experience with continuous monitoring;
- Capable of working proactively and on own initiative in carrying out day-to-day role with limited supervision;
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, approachable, adaptable to changes in the work environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Nice to have:
- Experience with VDI solutions
- Experience with mobile device management
- Experience with Windows administration in an enterprise environment (AD, DHCP, DNS…)
- SQL server (both administration and T-SQL programming)
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses. We also offer what we call the “Booking Deal” with other competitive perks and benefits. This position is open to candidates globally. Visa sponsorship is available for this role. In the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam.
The hiring company Booking.com International Services B.V. is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International Services B.V. is looking for a Senior System Engineer - Endpoints. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.