At Booking.com we combine the best traits of a start-up with the resources of planet Earth’s #1 accommodation website. We are working hard towards creating the ultimate travel experience, building and improving great products for both travelers and our accommodation partners.
Our technology department is over 1700 strong and growing. We believe that diversity makes us stronger – with over 70 different nationalities within the technology department alone, you will be able to absorb new skills and develop your career in a multicultural environment.
Our development philosophy is to be agile and data driven. We work in small cross-functional Scrum teams of 5-7 members. We do several code rollouts every day and practice extensive A/B testing on both user and partner facing platforms.
- Combine hands on coding with working on impactful project(s) and supporting other team members,
- Solve business problems, work cross-functionally and lead initiatives to improve our development process and business opportunities within Booking.com,
- Take initiative to address the larger technical needs of the product you work on and always keep the customer at the center of everything you do,Contribute to the growth of Booking.com through recruitment efforts and proactively share your knowledge to help your colleagues grow,
- Represent Booking.com values, both within the company and in the external community,
- Advocate for a collaborative working environment – turn “my ideas” into “our ideas”.
- You are a humble and thought leader, you lead by example and gain your teammates respect through your actions and not your title,
- You have strong programming skills and experience with 2+ server-side programming languages,
- You have 8 years of experience as a Software Developer, you’ve worked with web applications, distributed systems and product(s) that impact millions of customers,
- You are an excellent communicator and you are able to influence and cooperate with people at all levels,
- You have driven successful technical, business and people related initiatives that improved productivity, performance and quality,
- You have a ‘can do’ attitude and you act proactively and not reactively,
- It would be great if you have prior experience with mentoring, coaching and training team members.
- An opportunity to contribute to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real time impact of your work on millions of travelers worldwide,
- An truly international fast paced environment and performance driven culture,
- Various opportunities to grow technically and personally via side projects, hackathons, conferences and your involvement in the community,
- Full relocation support with your move to Amsterdam – one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe. We have successfully relocated 300+ Technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year!
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Sr. Software Developer in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.