The Financial Systems team provides technology expertise to the finance department and is responsible for SAP, HANA, and connected 3rd party systems at Booking.com. We want to change the way people work with SAP, by building a finance application platform that supports simplification of business processes, and empowers the finance community with better financial insights.
We run our SAP environment on HANA and in February 2016 we migrated to Simple Finance. Our plan includes rollout of a new SAP user experience, innovating with HANA and other related technologies.
As a SAP FI Specialist, you will be responsible for the day-to-day SAP support, setting up new functionalities, customizing or modifying existing functionalities, providing support and training to users by resolving incidents and managing changes.
This role involves extensive daily interaction with functional specialists all finance departments in Booking.com. It is essential that you have a good understanding of finance processes and you have strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills in English.
Due to the rapid and continuous growth of the organization, the tasks and duties of this role may evolve over time. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and to take on additional challenges and responsibilities as they occur.
- Analyzing issues and changes;
- Day to day support and incident resolution;
- Full ownership of projects and quality of changes, from planning, communication, coordination, customization, and go-live support;
- Providing scalable and innovative solutions;
- Decision maker
- Training of key users and key user support.
- 9+ years SAP FI hands-on experience with excellent experience in handling SAP General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable configuration and business process mapping.
- Experience in FI – Fixed Assets process mapping and its integration with other modules like MM, Asset under Construction Process is an advantage
- Ability to have good grasp of the detail and manage multiple priorities in a quick turnaround environment;
- Experience in Controlling and Project Systems Module is an advantage
- Good in collecting the business requirements and translating the requirement to technical consultants. Hands-on experience in preparing functional specification, technical specification and conducting testing including UAT.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Strong communication skills in English, both verbal and written;
- Organized, flexible, proactive and result-oriented.
- ABAP debugging capability is an advantage
The hiring company Booking.com International BV is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International BV is looking for a Sr. SAP FI Specialist. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.