Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the leading online accommodation reservation service in the world) is in search of a Senior Risk Manager to join the Risk Management & Control Assurance team.
About the role
As a Senior Risk Manager, you will be responsible for supporting business leadership to identify, assess and mitigate legal, regulatory, operational and strategic risk.
Partnering closely with the business you will be responsible for advising on both strategic and operational risk exposure and use this knowledge to facilitate informed decision making. You will also be expected to develop and maintain a comprehensive view of risk-taking activities and support the business to embed and enhance their risk processes within their day-to-day operations.
Successful risk management requires dynamic individuals who are able to collaborate with multiple stakeholders, integrate perspectives and ultimately drive beneficial business outcomes.
This position presents an exciting opportunity for you to collaborate with other professionals in Booking.com who are experienced in the fields of Risk, Controls, Fraud, Technology, Cyber Security, Privacy and Internal Audit, who will help you to learn, grow and provide you the freedom to experiment.
B.Responsible: key areas of responsibility will include, but are not limited to
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive view of risk-taking activities for the Business area assigned to you.
- Manage and coach small working teams (max 3 people) to execute on risk management activities.
- Build strong relationships with business leadership, internal audit and external partners to drive and embed risk management across Booking.com.
- Support ongoing maintenance and continuous improvement of the Booking.com risk management framework, governance, tooling and processes.
- Coordinate and conduct Enterprise Risk Assessments across business units and support the development and tracking against risk remediation / management plans.
- Provide guidance and support to the adjoining Control Assurance & Governance team in designing and implementing appropriate controls to mitigate company risks and support Booking.com to achieve its objectives.
- Undertake horizon scanning to identify emergent risks and help shape Booking.com’s strategic response.
- Raise the profile of risk management across the organization and contribute to building a risk culture via training and awareness activities.
- 7+ years of experience in Risk Management
- Strong risk and control or audit / assurance background with a deep understanding of operational and strategic risk management
- Experience in managing teams and comfortable with senior stakeholder engagement (VP’s, Directors, Audit partners)
- Must have experience or be comfortable with IT Risk Management and IT Security
- Curious and proactive in the assessment and challenge of risks
- Able to drive change and solution oriented
- Great communicator, quick thinker & confident in decision making
- Independent & autonomous, while still a strong team player
- Enthusiastic, self-starting and thrives in changing, agile environments
- Experience with large e-commerce or tech companies is advantageous
- Fully comfortable working in English, both written and spoken
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonus. We also offer what is called the “Booking Deal” with competitive benefits. This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in The Netherlands.
The hiring company Booking.com International BV is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International BV is looking for a Senior Risk Manager. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.