Booking.com is the world’s #1 accommodation site and the 3rd largest global e-commerce player. Our mission – to help people experience our world – is spearheaded from our headquarters in Amsterdam, where employees from many nationalities develop our business in more than 210 countries worldwide. As we continue to scale at incredible speed and embark on our next chapter – experiences, loyalty, messaging, homes & apartments – we are actively recruiting the next generation of global entrepreneurs, with exciting opportunities across a broad range of leadership functions: technology, operations, design, marketing, product, business development, finance and HR.
We are looking for a Senior Global Leadership Recruiter to support us build an excellent in-house executive search function.
To be successful, you will need to leverage lessons learned in executive recruiting with either an in-house executive search team for a global firm, preferably in the technology industry, or as an (Senior) Associate/Consultant in a large retained executive search company or a search boutique.
This is an exciting role for someone who enjoys a fast-paced environment with a fun and exciting team.
As a Senior Leadership Recruiter, you will source and recruit the best executive and future leadership talent from around the world for all of our business lines and corporate functions.
- Manage full cycle recruiting efforts for critical executive level searches in our fast growing global organization.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the Leadership Team and other Senior stakeholders;
- Provide strategic guidance and advice in a true partnership with your hiring managers
- Conduct research to map our markets, generate candidate names and profiles, and develop creative sourcing strategies in close collaboration with our sourcing team
- Continually contribute to the knowledge base of the Leadership recruitment team by providing education on industries and talent pools/profiles; Analyze sectors for issues and trends, actively develop and share intellectual capital across the organization
- Build Talent pools for potential leadership positions; partner with the business, HR and knowledgeable top industry sources to identify top companies for talent and maintain a database of people in those companies
- Support hiring managers in identifying interview evaluation criteria and competencies to ensure interviews are conducted efficiently and professionally
- Conduct on-site interviews and lead calibration meetings
- Deliver results with little supervision, and effectively manage multiple senior searches and candidates
- Inform internal clients regarding search strategies and status
- Negotiate executive offer packages and facilitate new hire process
- Prioritize multiple functions and tasks and manage time efficiently in a fast paced, evolving work environment.
The ideal candidate needs exceptional research, executive sourcing and assessing skills, and a personality that can keep up with an entrepreneurial, fast-paced recruiting culture. He/she will be someone who can work autonomously and as part of a team, who is articulate with solid oral and written communication skills, and who is a good listener. He/she must also be organized and able to manage multiple activities to completion.
- 5+ years recruiting experience in retained executive search and/or in-house experience for a VC, start-up, e-commerce or hyper-growth tech company
- Proven ability to develop and maintain relationships with key executive stakeholders and manage relationships with third party executive search firms
- Advanced ability to develop recruiting strategies for the sourcing, evaluation and selection of executive talent
- Excellent negotiation skills with proven ability to sell and close executive candidates and exchange information with all levels of management.
- Experience working in a high performance environment in a role where multiple projects and competing demands are the norm
- Well networked within the tech/VC community and/or top companies
- Familiar with internet based tools for sourcing and maintaining candidates
- University graduate
- Fluency in English (written & spoken) is a requirement.
- Driven, energetic, and a highly motivated individual that is hands on, but also a talent strategist
- Superb communication skills; Capacity to create compelling conversation with top talent and engage interest
- Highly articulate, able to convey complex arguments and engage with senior level executives in a polished and professional manner
- Combine tenacity with tact; know when to apply more pressure and when to give in
- Self assured, not easily thrown, able to think on your feet
- Outgoing and gregarious, enjoy interacting with a variety of people
- Inquisitive; a strong desire to learn
Please Note: *This position is based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. We will cover your move and all documents necessary for yourself or your family!*
The hiring company Booking.com International BV is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International BV is looking for a Senior Global Leadership Recruiter. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.