Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online hotel reservation service in the world) and/or its various support companies throughout the world are looking for people to support the business in the fast-growing hotel markets. Booking.com (Oesterreich) GmbH, one of the support companies in Austria, is looking for a Senior Account Manager Hotels Austria.
Function description: As a Senior Account Manager you will be responsible for the account management team in the appointed market, managing and motivating people in your team. You will be responsible for the account management of some of the hotels in the area. You create quantity and quality reports on results and performance for information support to Booking.com. You advise hotels about information on the Booking.com website, and provide them the (initial) training on how to use Booking.com‘s system. You will be reporting to the Area Manager in improving hotel availability and supply and supporting Booking.com in meeting the demands of the visitors on the Booking.com website.
This is a full-time position and based in our new Salzburg office and initially based in Vienna office.
– Manage a team of Account Managers Hotels in Austria;
– Provide constant feedback and support to your team members;
– Hold regular meetings, 1:1’s, performance and appraisal reviews;
– Direct account management for hotels in an appointed region within Austria;
– Visit the important hotels;
– Responsible for area coverage;
– Support Booking.com BV’s-strategy for hotel availability and supply within Austria;
– Promote the Booking.com BV brand name and its online reservation services to hotels;
– Liaison person for hotels to contact when they have questions;
– Providing hotels with information and advice by mail and email, including follow-ups;
– Follow up on cancellations and evaluations;
– Accompany and train hotels on how to use Booking.com’s extranet and rates & availability system;
– Support hotels with regards to Booking.com’s system;
– Inform hotels and advise on allotment, availability and supply;
– Organize and coordinate Tourist Trade Fair visits to liaise with hotels;
– You will also need to be versatile and adapt quickly to the latest guidelines from Booking.com BV.
– 2-4 years of experience in a comparable management function;- Fluent English speaker and writer;- Other language (German) knowledge is preferred;- Affinity/experience within e-travel and/or hotel/travel industry;- Pro-active, sense of responsibility, friendly and ability to work independently;- Quick and resourceful, flexible, accurate, strong analytical skills and an eye for detail;- Great face-to-face and telephone communication skills;- Team player, motivated and enjoys to work in e-travel and hospitality;- Business and people focused;- Positive attitude;- University background preferred;- Driver’s license;- Availability to travel 50% of the time;- You already have a work permit to work in Austria.