Product Manager – Security Detection and Response
As a Product Manager of Security Detection and Response, you’re responsible for taking our Security Detection and Response capabilities to the next level. You’ll focus on enabling a team of engineers and security analysts to continuously improve the reliability and quality of security alerting while increasing the incident response capabilities into anything that happens in our platform.
In this role, you work closely with your team and empower them to develop and improve Booking.com’s threat detection capabilities across the whole platform, to detect anomalous behavior and enable a fast response. You prioritize new detection initiatives based on new threats and techniques while taking into account changes in the business. You work closely with the security analysts, incorporating their feedback to improve the fidelity and effectiveness of our alerting.
You’re a strong technical leader with experience in cyber security and the full breadth of cyber security threats and paradigms. You’re a team player, with a bottom-up approach to developing concepts and products. You have experience working with teams of engineers and security analysts, and know how to apply threat-based prioritization to enhance detection and bring additional visibility into suspicious or malicious behavior. You’re creative, and always ready to adjust your strategy based on the evolution of cyber security threats and business strategy. If you bring that unique combination of skills, and want to help protect the world’s leading online travel agency, don’t hesitate to apply!
- Own the long-term vision of the Security Detection and Response capability of Booking.com, inspire the team to achieve the vision by sharing your message effectively.
- Guide new detection and response features from inception to launch while keeping internal and external customers at the center of everything and up-to-date on progress.
- Use data (threat analysis, threat intelligence, incidents and testing) to make informed decisions about what the team should work on next, analyze how it is implemented and what the results are.
- Develop and prioritize the backlog to continuously improve the services of your team.
- Because your opinion is data-driven, you will define key business and success metrics, track them, and improve upon them.
- Empower and collaborate with your team to unlock their full potential.
- Engage with external vendors, partners and other stakeholders.
Who you are:
Be humble. Be yourself.
- Data-driven. Base your decisions on facts rather than opinions.
- A go-getter who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty and dives into a project to achieve success by problem solving.
- Open-minded team player with excellent communication skills.
- Agile and innovative with the tenacity to thrive in a constantly changing environment.
- Self-motivated and results driven with a take charge attitude to manage the full development cycle of new features.
- Friendly, knowledgeable, and motivational to others. Open to diversity in all shapes and sizes.
- User focused individual who keeps the customer at the heart of everything we do, while having strong commercial awareness.
- 3+ years experience as a Product Owner/Manager
- 3+ years experience in Security and Threat Detection and Incident Response in particular
- Experience working with teams of engineers and security analysts
- Strong communication and presentation skills, the ability to summarize complex and technical topics to a wide range of audiences.
- Experience using data to make informed decisions and ability to formulate and interpret meaningful business metrics
- Experience with common Security frameworks and methodologies such as NIST and other Threat Modelling frameworks
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- (Preferred) Previous hands-on experience as a security engineer or security analyst
- (Preferred) Experience using data analytic and visualization tools
- (Preferred) Experience with working in an Agile/Scrum team
What’s in it for you?
The Product Owner position is open to candidates worldwide. We provide assistance for you and your family with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 300+ technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year.
- Headquarters located in one of the most vibrant cities in Europe: Amsterdam
- Performance-based company that offers 26 vacation days, career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential.
- Trainings, regular hackathons and opportunities to travel and attend global conferences.
- Discount on Booking.com accommodations with the “Booking Deal” including other perks and benefits.
- Company-sponsored family and social activities to help our employees become integrated with each other and Dutch culture.
- Diverse, unique colleagues from every corner of the world.
Keywords: Product Owner Security, Cyber Security, Product Manager, Threat Detection
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Security Product Manager - Threat Detection and Response in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.