The Financial Systems team provides technology expertise to the finance department, and is responsible for SAP, HANA, and connected 3rd party systems at Booking.com. We want to change the way people work with SAP, by building a finance application platform that supports simplification of business processes, and empowers the finance community with better financial insights.
As a SAP HANA developer, you will have a combination of technical and analytical skills with a deep understanding of the business. You will be responsible for the research into, and the analysis of, business processes to optimize current processes, building models to describe the business, and creating scalable solutions using HANA, ABAP and UI5. You will also provide support to the existing systems and processes used within the finance department. This role involves extensive daily interaction with functional specialists and the finance department; therefore it is essential that you have a good understanding of finance, experience of implementing changes within finance systems and processes, and strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
Due to the continued and rapid growth of the organization, there is the opportunity for the tasks and duties of the position to evolve over time. You will need to be keen to develop and grow with the role and to take on additional challenges, responsibilities and projects as they occur.
- Investigate, explore and optimize business processes
- Create and implement models for the business
- Develop and maintain the integration of SAP and external data sources
- Work with functional specialists / stake holders to understand underlying business processes, analyze business needs and translate functional specifications into technical requirements
- Prepare technical specifications, design and develop solutions
- Maintain existing programs and debug issues
- Plan and develop changes independently and in collaboration with functional specialists
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field is required
- 3+ years of hands-on HANA development experience is a must
- Excellent SQLScript skills are required
- Experience with performance tuning and optimization of calculation views and stored procedures is required
- Experience with OData using XSOData is required
- Experience with REST APIs is required
- Experience with Application Function Libraries, search, text analysis and mining, spatial, graph engines is a plus
- Experience with Java, Python or R Lang is a plus
- Ability to have good grasp of the detail and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work in a quick turnaround environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Organized, flexible, open minded, proactive and result-oriented
The hiring company Booking.com International BV is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International BV is looking for a SAP HANA Developer. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.