Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online hotel reservation service in the world), is in search of a Risk Manager who is to be part of our Risk & Compliance team.
Your main responsibility is to support the business and technology departments in managing risk. Booking.com is one of the worlds largest e-commerce businesses and provides an incredibly dynamic working environment and sophisticated operating environment in which to work. Successful risk management requires dynamic individuals who are able to liaise with business and technology stakeholders and foster collaboration, integrate perspectives and drive to business beneficial outcomes.
We provide a fast growing working environment, where continuous learning is key for your and Booking.com’s development and growth. You will collaborate with other professionals that are experienced in the fields of Risk & Compliance, IT Security and Internal Audit, who will help you to learn, grow and provide you the freedom to experiment. Such is also part of the culture of Booking.com.
As an e-commerce company, we have the need to ensure 24/7 operations of services towards our customers. Strong commercial awareness is vital for success as you will evaluate IT and operational risks and support our operations, while considering the business impact of potential improvements and maintaining agility.
Providing Risk & Compliance support, you act both top-down and bottom-up, considering a holistic view on managing risks at Booking.com.
- Identify potential areas of risk for Booking.com, by performing risk assessments at process, application, and system level
- Support compliance processes, by maintaining our Booking.com control framework to manage risk, and assisting in compliance monitoring
- Recommend risk-mitigating actions, provide general and technical guidance on how to prevent, or deal with, similar situations in the future and define controls to mitigate these risks
- Assist process owners in understanding risk within their domain and assisting them in providing the best solutions to mitigate this risk.
- 5+ years of experience in Business and/or IT Operational Risk Management
- Strong understanding of business process analysis and supporting technologies
- Communication skills in order to bring people together when issues need to be solved
- Fully comfortable working in English, both written and spoken
- Enthusiastic, self-starting, able to work independently and enjoy new initiatives
- Collaborate and support colleagues across the organization, while still able to work independently
- Contribute to Booking.com’s growth through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts.
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential. We also offer what we call the “Booking Deal” with other competitive perks and benefits. The Technology department has monthly hackathons, training and attends/speaks at global conferences.
This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 300+ Technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year!
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Risk Manager in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.