Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online hotel reservation service in the world) and/or its various support companies throughout the world are looking for people to support the business in the fast-growing hotel markets.
Booking.com BV is looking for a Reporting Analyst.
In this role, you will be part of a team of Reporting Analysts in the Hotels Department. You will be aiding other teams within the department by providing them with insights based on data and supporting them in making data-driven decisions. You will work in parallel with Hotels Analytics teams and assist in both ad-hoc requests as well as regular reports for various business segments.
As a Reporting Analyst, it is your responsibility to understand the business needs of your stakeholders, formulate the right questions and find an answer using large data sets. You are able to interpret the data you’ve gathered, identify trends and organize and present data in a meaningful way. You have excellent communication skills and are able to translate your findings into the business language of your stakeholders.
We are looking for highly motivated people who can work independently, adapt quickly and who are interested in learning new skills. In this role you will be able to grow rapidly and tackle new challenges as your skill set evolves, while making a great contribution to Booking.com’s success.
- Liaise with several teams within the Hotels Department, understand their business needs and translate them into actionable data analysis and reports
- Extract data from our MySQL databases and Hadoop cluster, using HQL and MySQL queries.
- Build and improve reporting that help the stakeholders understand the performance of their business segment and identify action points
- Perform ad-hoc analysis, translate and communicate results to stakeholders
- You’re data-driven and possess a strong business sense
- Minimum two years experience in a relevant role
- Strong knowledge of statistics and the ability to draw business insights from data
- Knowledge of MySQL or relational databases
- BSc or MSc degree with an IT, Math or Statistics component
- Excellent English communication skills (written and verbal)
- Currently living in The Netherlands or prepared to relocate to The Netherlands
We offer a competitive salary plus bonus, with possibilities for further career opportunities within our fast growing company. We also offer what we call the “Booking Deal” with other competitive perks and benefits.
This position is open to EU residents and in the case of relocation we will assist you with a relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 200+ IT professionals to Amsterdam in the last year!Booking.com BV, part of the Priceline Group (NASDAQ: PCLN), is the global market leader in online hotel reservations. Established in 1996, www.booking.com is available in 42 languages, offers more than 500,000 hotels and accommodations in 200 countries, features 27+ million reviews written by guests after their stay, and attracts online visitors from both leisure and business markets around the globe. The Booking.com group has over 8,500 dedicated employees in 120+ offices and offers a dynamic work environment with a culture that is open, innovative and performance oriented. We believe our people and their passion is what makes us successful.
Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online hotel reservation service in the world) and/or its various support companies throughout the world are looking for people to support the business in the fast-growing hotel markets. Booking.com BV is looking for a Reporting Analyst.