Booking.com is looking for a Regional Manager to be based either in Tokyo, Osaka, Seoul, Taipei or Hong Kong with the main focus on Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, South Korea and Japan markets.
This role requires strong customer engagement and relationship management skills ideally within the North Asia hotel industry, to support Booking.com BV in driving business performance in North Asia. Leadership and development of a high performing team is a key to success. We expect this candidate to have experience growing and be committed to enhancing hotel market assigned.
This role requires an individual with a strong background and hotel industry knowledge, accompanied with the ability to build relationships; highlight behaviours and key trends in the designated market; with a focus on availability and supply.
- Lead high performing hotel support teams in North Asia;
- Oversee multiple offices and Area Managers in different locations;
- Responsible for delivering set targets and developing your region;
- Support, coach and develop Area Managers and other direct reports;
- Together with Regional Director support Booking.com BV in setting the strategy for the region; reevaluate periodically;
- Monitor progress and manage performance against targets, to ensure targets and expectations are met;
- Forecast quarterly targets and report on them accordingly at quarter’s end;
- Forecast and ensure staffing levels meet business need;
- Ensure that staff is prepared to meet upcoming targets and have adequate training;
- Lead by example, demonstrate exceptional coaching and leadership skills;
- Deliver quantity and quality reports on results and performance;
- Providing information support to Booking.com BV by conducting thorough market research and analysis;;Identify and take initiative to improve tasks and processes to support Booking.com BV in improving commitment from accommodation partners and optimize their performance;
- Implement long-term as well as short-term goals for teams.
Required Experience and Competencies:
- Bachelor degree;
- 5 + years leadership experience in a dynamic environment;
- 5 + years of experience in a relevant function in the hospitality and/or tech industry;
- Excellent understanding of the online industry and online travel agencies;
- Extensive knowledge of the North Asia hotel markets;
- Proactive, independent, sense of responsibility and target focus;
- Team-player – collaborative, transparent, ethical and humble;
- Excellent project management, multi-tasking and organization skills;
- Excellent communication and commercial skills;
- Valid driver license;
- Bilingual or Multi-lingual (Native) in English and Cantonese or Mandarin/ Korean/ Japanese ;
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
The hiring company Booking.com (Hong Kong) Ltd is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in Hong Kong. Booking.com (Hong Kong) Ltd is looking for a Regional Manager - North Asia. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.