As a Regional Benefits Manager, Americas you are responsible for the health, welfare and benefit plans for Booking.com’s employee population in Canada, United States, and Latin America. You will manage the benefit programs of the Americas to ensure seamless delivery, compliant, and competitive plans, working closely with the Compensation & Benefits team in Amsterdam in support of the global total reward strategy.
This is a full-time position intended to be based in Grand Rapids, Michigan, or Seattle, Washington but location options can be discussed.
- Manage all benefits being offered for the Americas teams, including internal coordination with the global Compensation and Benefits team in Amsterdam and outside vendor management.
- Ensure benefits programs remain compliant with local legislation, competitive with local and global job markets and aligned with Booking’s global total rewards strategy
- Design, test and maintain Benefit Administration Tools (WD, ADP) and troubleshoot integration issues
- Manage leaves team staff including serving as the primary subject matter expert for all leave administration programs including case management of short-term sick and personal leave, FMLA, ADA, and long-term disability.
- Support regional HRBPs, HR Specialists, Payroll and business leaders with global processes and localized adoption of global philosophies.
- Participate in annual benefit renewal process across multiple vendors, including compliance testing and reporting, joint with applicable brokers or Booking Holdings contacts.
- Manage US open enrollment strategy and process in partnership with HR, including system setup and training.
- Work with HR Business Partners, the HR systems & delivery teams, the Compensation & Benefits team, internal communications teams and other specialist teams or consultants to educate and inform employees and deliver the full value of our benefits in an accurate and productive
- Determine key success indicators for the benefits offerings and monitor progress and success of benefits addressing the employee’s and business’s needs.
- Work on global benefit projects and global vendor management & negotiation as needed.
- Keep updated on current trends in benefits and perks in the workplace, to assess and propose new ideas for Booking.com.
- Manage benefits due diligence efforts as needed for M&A activities
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required;
- 8+ years of benefit or related experience in a multinational environment.
- Overwhelming desire to make Booking.com’s benefits a valuable and appreciated advantage of working at one of Booking.com entities in the Americas!
- A quick study to develop an in-depth understanding of the Booking.com business and culture to understand what will make benefits effective.
- Outstanding Excel and analytical skills that allow you to use data to build a story and drive decisions.
- You must be self-motivated and self-managed, a problem-solver, passionate, articulate, autonomous, driven, and a natural connector of people.
- You are a strong project manager with an eye for detail, results, and strong follow-through, while still being hands-on and are willing to create and deliver copy and content yourself.
- You are strong in messaging and influencing skills, and use that to partner with and influence stakeholders, from leadership to entry level, and with our central Compensation and Benefits team in Amsterdam.
- You juggle priorities with ease and know how to make good trade-offs when needed.
The hiring company Booking.com (USA) Inc. is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in United States. Booking.com (USA) Inc. is looking for a Regional Benefits Manager - Americas. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.