Booking.com is the largest business within Booking Holdings, a leading Fortune 500 e- commerce conglomerate with a market cap of approximately $80 Billion. At Booking.com, we are united by a single mission: empower people to experience the world. Whether in our Amsterdam HQ or at one of our 210 offices worldwide, our 17,000 employees work hard to help make more than one million travel dreams come true every single day. As we continue to scale at incredible speed and embark on our next chapter – experiences, homes and apartments, new technologies – we are actively recruiting the next generation of global leaders and entrepreneurs, with exciting opportunities across a broad range of functions.
The Recruitment Team Lead – Technology is responsible for responsible for delivering hiring results in our Technology team covering a range of hiring disciplines. The ideal candidate should be ready to hit the ground running in our fast-paced environment with strong interpersonal skills that allow you to develop lasting relationships with your team, candidates, and hiring managers. As the Team Lead you will play a significant role in attracting the best talent around the world and lead the recruiting process for technical roles within the Tech Department.
This is a great opportunity for a driven, energetic, and highly motivated individual that is ready to join a successful global recruitment team. You should be a self-starter, hardworking, flexible, goal-oriented, and energized by constantly meeting new people. You must have a passion for managing people and possess the ability to prioritize responsibilities. As Booking.com’s representative you will also be at the forefront of driving change in the recruitment industry.
You will be responsible for managing, improving, and redefining the systems and processes that identify and secure the most coveted talent in the industry while always providing magical candidate experience.
This role reports to the Global Recruitment Manager – Technology and is based at our HQ in Amsterdam. You will be leading a team of Recruiters based in Amsterdam, hiring for Tech roles.
You will play a key role as a Team Lead to support Booking’s Tech Recruiting team:
- Team Management: Attract, hire, develop and inspire Recruitment talent to meet your growing hiring targets. Ensure the Technology recruitment team is proactive in achieving hiring targets, inspiring and leading a team of recruiters. Manage and develop members of the team;
- Stakeholders Management: Regular communication with hiring managers and key stakeholders. Partner with other Recruitment Team Leads to ensure alignment around global processes, systems, sourcing strategies, social media and employment branding;
- Process Management: Improve the recruitment process in the organization including application of metrics, measurement, reporting and taking action to close gaps.Develop and implement high quality, innovative and cost effective sourcing strategies;
- Market Knowledge: Informed of market trends and recruiting practices. Monitor labor legislation and implements required changes to ensure compliance. Proactively share recruitment topics, progress, innovations and results;
- Department Management: Oversee external recruitment agencies and vendors to supplement efforts of full time team. Monitor and actively manages budget and recruiting investments.
- 4+ years of experience recruiting high volume in a fast-paced environment within technology, service or hospitality sectors.
- 2+ years leadership and managerial experience in a multi-country geography.
- A role model in creative sourcing strategies.
- Knowledge of global technology markets, and a good understanding of the Technology functions.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with key stakeholders in execution of recruiting initiatives.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to leverage data to support a business case then pursues creative solutions.
- Engaging leader that supports teamwork and putting others forward.
- Excellent communication skills, able to influence and develop strong relationships.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and capable of adapting and responding to change.
- Experience working in a globally matrixed environment.
- Partners and influences senior leadership; is self-confident, and capable in building proactive and meaningful relationships throughout our global organisation.
- Must be passionate about travel!
The hiring company Booking.com International BV is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International BV is looking for a Recruitment Team Lead - Technology. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.