Would you like to build a QA environment for our Machine Learning office in Tel Aviv? We are looking for a rock star QA!
This group of Machine Learning experts crunches endless amounts of data to provide Booking.com users with the best possible experience. It works on all parts of the business: ranking and personalized recommendations, fraud prediction, return prediction in marketing, image understanding, machine translation, and voice and dialogue systems.
As a QA you are part of the Technology Department within Booking.com. The main goal will be providing a frictionless and bug-free user experience by testing the quality of the Booking.com website, mobile sites, apps and internal systems, in cooperation with Designers, Developers, Product Owners and Data Scientists. You will participate in the day to day update of the website and native apps as well as ongoing quality projects. The ideal candidate is capable of taking ownership and responsibility for finding bugs and following them up to resolution. You will frequently communicate with the different IT team members. Due to the nature of the team and the rapid and continuous growth of the organization the tasks and duties of this role may evolve over time. You will be expected to contribute with ideas to product development and to investigate and escalate incoming bug reports accordingly.
This role requires an individual with excellent communication skills, great attention to detail and good business and technical understanding. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and to take on additional challenges and responsibilities as they occur.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Booking.com and become part of the QA Community within Technology.
- Develop and execute UI, functional and automated testing of features and experiments, bug hunting and exploratory testing of products on website, apps and internal tool
- Creating detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Prioritize and plan testing activities
- Identify bugs, report and follow up until resolution
- Help troubleshooting and investigating issues
- Provide feedback on the implementation of new features
- Contribute to product development with new ideas that can result in high ROI
- Provide extensive trainings and workshops for new hires/experienced roles in tech about testing culture and best practices
- Create and maintain web-based testing documentation to empower teams to test better
- Liaise with tech teams to identify quality requirements, track quality assurance metrics and provide relevant reports
- Stay up-to-date with testing tools and test strategies
- Plan and prioritize the development and the maintenance of internal testing tools
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as Quality Assurance or similar job
- Experience with automated testing frameworks
- Technical understanding of desktop and mobile software systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Critical and creative thinking
- Able to prioritize independently
- A ‘getting things done’ mentality
- Pragmatic, pro-active and flexible attitude
- Analytical skill and attention to details
- Fast to adapt to changes
- Team player
- Able to manage expectations of multiple stakeholders
- Experience with Machine Learning is a plus
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential. We also offer what we call the “Booking Deal” with other competitive perks and benefits. The Technology department has regular hackathons or what we call “exploration days”, training, and opportunities to attend or speak at global conferences.
This position is open only to candidates that are already based in Israel.
The hiring company Booking.com Consulting Services Israel (BCSI) Ltd. is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in Israel. Booking.com Consulting Services Israel (BCSI) Ltd. is looking for a QA - Machine Learning. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.