At Booking.com we combine the best traits of a start-up with the resources of planet Earth’s #1 accommodation website.
We are working hard towards creating the ultimate travel experience, building and improving great products for both travelers and our accommodation partners.
As our flagship product – Booking.com – is reaching a higher scale every year, and the portfolio of services is in continuous transformation, we aim for a solid software quality strategy to ensure the highest quality in all our projects.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced QA Automation expert to build the long term automation strategy from scratch, in line with the business requirements and produce best practices that can be replicated across different business verticals.
You will collaborate closely with Software Quality specialists, Developers, Product Owners, Principals and different influencers in the internal tech community to cultivate an automation mindset.
Our development philosophy is to be agile and data driven. We work in small cross-functional Scrum teams of 5-7 members. What is unique in the Tech Department at Booking.com , aside several code rollouts every day, is that we practice extensive A/B testing on both user and partner facing platforms.
So from a software quality perspective, the ultimate goal is to provide a frictionless and bug-free user experience of the Booking.com website, mobile sites, apps and internal systems.
- Embed automation testing in the development process, where applicable;
- Support the CI/CD efforts, proposes test automation tooling and infrastructure and work with developers to build and maintain it;
- Actively contribute to the tech strategy by providing valuable insights on test automation and software quality in general;
- Stay up to date with new test automation technology and plan strategically for possible changes;
- Sometimes you need to get your hands dirty and write automated tests that are reusable, maintainable and resilient to changes in the applications UI;
- Become the ‘Go to’ person for the test automation topic for both business and tech stakeholders;
- Working with development teams to understand the business needs and identify the quality requirements;
- You keep your cool and see possible outages as a critical learning opportunity to improve;
- Inspire developers, Designers and Product Owners to be quality conscious by providing extensive trainings and workshops about testing culture and best practices;
- Plan and prioritise the different strategies according to business needs;
- Evaluate our internal testing tools and introduce new ones in order to improve ROI;
- Proven track record of developing long term automation strategies and driving successful technical initiatives that improved performance and quality in a large scale environment;
- You have experimented with different test frameworks and automation tools, (open-source preferred) and are able to choose the right ones according to the different trade-offs;
- Hands on experience with writing automated tests that are reusable, maintainable and most of all resilient to a fast paced development environment;
- Skilled in different server-side and client-side programming languages ( JS/ Java/Python/Perl);
- You have worked on improving the experience of web applications, distributed systems and product(s) that impact millions of customers;
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills;
- Experience mentoring and training other developers on software quality topics;
- A ‘can do’ proactive attitude;
- Strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful;
- Solution oriented and result driven.
- An opportunity to contribute to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real time impact of your work on millions of travelers worldwide;
- Be part of a truly international fast paced environment and performance driven culture;
- We believe that diversity makes us stronger – with over 70 different nationalities within the technology department alone, you will be able to absorb new skills and develop your career in a multicultural environment;
- Various opportunities to grow technically and personally via side projects, hackathons, conferences and your involvement in the community;
- Full relocation support for you and your family (if the case) to move to Amsterdam – one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe. We have have fine tuned this process by successfully relocating 300+ Technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year!
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Test Automation Architect in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.