Booking.com is looking for a Product Owner to join our Payments Department at our Amsterdam headquarters to play a pivotal role in helping us shape our payments platform.
We are one of the biggest e-commerce companies in the world. To create the ultimate travel experience, we build and improve great products for both travelers and the accommodation partners. Within our payments organization we want to make online payments for our customers and accommodation partners to be like breathing: you have to do it but never think about it.
- Leading an engineering team to create and optimize a frictionless payment platform
- Research and identify stakeholder needs and effectively manage stakeholder expectations
- Create and communicate vision on how product development teams within Booking.com can leverage the payments platform to improve the Booking experience for our millions of customers and partners
- Engage other product leaders within Booking.com to define development priorities for the platform
- Take full ownership of the product, the prioritization of new features and enhancements to existing features
- Empower and collaborate with your team to unlock their full potential
- Analyse, understand and share learnings to build a strong knowledge base of the product
- Thrive to achieve optimal implementation of changes made to the product
- 5 years of product management experience
- 3 years of Payments industry experience
- Experience integrating APIs of third party online payments providers (acquiring banks, PSPs, risk service providers)
- Experience working with Settlement and Reconciliation process
- Understanding of Payment Fraud and Chargebacks
- Understanding of card schemes/card networks transactional flow is a plus
- Knowledge of online payment industry trends, international payment methods, and standards is a plus
- Experience in optimizing Interchange and Scheme fees/costs is a plus
- Extremely data-obsessed, execution focused, commercially driven
- Having the drive to provide our customers and partners with an optimal experience
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential. We also offer what we call the “Booking Deal” with other competitive perks and benefits. The Technology department has regular knowledge sharing, training and attends/speaks at global conferences.
This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 500+ Technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year!
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Product Owner Payments in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.