With 5500 people across the world, working in one of our 14 contact centers, representing more than 100 nationalities and more than 40 languages, our Customer Service Team handles all the inbound contacts from our guests and partners. Scaling operational excellence has a high priority for the CS leadership team and broader Booking.com organization.
Our Customer Service operation is continuously growing. Our systems should be ready to support an operation twice the size of today. At the same time, tooling should be a driver for improving our performance and customer experience. The Innovation teams improve the existing tooling and develop new tools. At Booking.com, Product Owners work with IT developers to improve and build tooling. They have an important role in initiating changes, but also in research, the actual development phase and the testing and implementation phase. Depending on the project they focus on different areas and teams within the Customer Service department.
Reporting to the Manager Projects and Innovation, your first mission will be to own and drive innovation in the area of Work Force Management (WFM). To make this team more effective, we would like to;
- Automate easy tasks that are done manually, so WFM are enabled to spend more time on complex/impactful tasks;
- Look into existing tooling for Planning and make recommendations for a new or improved Planning Tool.
- Build strong relationships with the Customer Service Leadership team, Manager WFM, the WFM team, and other leaders within Booking.com to ensure deep understanding of stakeholder needs and business requirements
- Maintain a high level of product knowledge, and continuously share with all key stakeholders
- Conduct in-depth analysis and provide recommendations for improvements
- Use creative, innovative and strategic thinking to identify and translate ideas into practical solutions
- Prioritize ideas based on departmental objectives, potential cost and potential impact
- Translate your vision into a plan (including quarterly objectives and how to measure them) for the coming quarter and communicate with other Product Owners and your IT team
- Use (A/B testing) and experimentation to learn and improve
- Work together with developers, other Product Owners, and customer service teams (such as Implementation, Communication, Analytics and Training) to make sure projects are implemented successfully and their impact on other areas of the business is understood
- Proven track record in a similar and relevant position
- Customer focused;
- Proactive/driver of innovation;
- Highly analytical, pragmatic and data driven;
- Structured in thinking and approach, with ability to simplify complex areas;
- Knowledge and experience in executing global or large scale initiatives preferred;
- Ability to self-steer, work autonomously and take complete ownership of projects of varying length and complexity;
- Excellent communication skills for liaising with key company stakeholders including, leadership team, developers, customer service agents other key stakeholders within customer service and team leads;
- Commercial awareness and result driven;
Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online hotel reservation service in the world) and/or its various support companies throughout the world are looking for people to support the business in the fast-growing hotel markets. Booking.com BV is looking for a Product Owner Customer Service.