As a Product Owner in the Customer Services Team, you will be responsible for developing the products and features that deliver added-value to our customers and to our customer service department. You will work with a team of designers and developers to innovate on the products, processes and features used by our 5000+ Customer Service representatives worldwide. You will build and maintain effective working relationships with your stakeholders, such as Operational managers and the customer service leadership team. While improving customer experience, you are constantly aware of the importance of scaling operational excellence in our rapidly growing environment.
Your ability to drive innovation forward at a fast pace, and respond quickly and confidently to change is essential for success in this role. This position comes with significant responsibility and we are looking for candidates with high potential. Commercial awareness, great communication skills and strong business sense are a must.
- Set the vision for innovation on your customer service-facing product then relentlessly test and learn in order to deliver new features and improvements for our customers and/or customer service department
- Research and specify new or improved ways to improve the customer experience
- Research and specify new features to increase the effectiveness of our customer service executives
- Find scalable ways to deliver best-in-class experiences to our broad range of customers – from backpacker to business traveler
- Take a data-driven approach, using both qualitative and quantitative methods to generate, validate and evaluate ideas
- Perform A/B tests and experiments to understand our customers better and ultimately offer them a better experience
- Liaise with key company stakeholders including Senior Management, IT teams and Implementation managers to make sure projects are implemented successfully and their impact on other areas of the business is understood
- An ability to translate business needs into small developments, and prioritize them according to business value
- Strong commercial focus and the ability to assess the true value of your developments
- Data driven, customer focused, proactive, creative and innovative
- Experience using both qualitative and quantitative methodologies for project design and analysis
- Minimum 5 years of experience working at a web-based company or contact service environment
- Pragmatic and results-focused; driven to manage projects full cycle
- Experienced in using data and analytics to make decisions and measure success
- Able to work well independently and within a team; good communication skills with a ”can do” attitude toward problem solving
- Experience with the SCRUM methodology is a plus, but not required
- Applicants with specialist knowledge and experience in the travel industry, contact center environment, consumer psychology and research, or large scale operations will be considered with priority.
Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the world leader in booking accommodations online) and/or its various support companies throughout the world are looking for people to support the business in the fast-growing accommodation markets. Booking.com Customer Service Holding B.V., one of the support companies in Netherlands, is looking for a Product Owner Customer Service.
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Product Owner Customer Service in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.