We are looking for Developers who are not afraid to experiment, think big or aim high!
Based in the beautiful city of Amsterdam, our technology department is over 1800 people strong.
We believe that diversity makes us stronger – with over 60 different nationalities in the technology department alone, you will be able to connect to inspiring colleagues and to absorb new skills and develop your career in a multicultural environment.
Our technical culture derives strongly from our strong ties to the Perl community. We appreciate what open source means both for our business and also for internal projects. Some of our most useful hacks inside the company have come from someone scratching the proverbial itch.
As a Software Developer, you are responsible for the development, performance, and scaling of our public website as well as internal systems. And even if you don’t have Perl experience, your colleagues will help you get up to speed in order to help you solving real problems from day one.
Important aspects of the job include:
- Rapidly develop next-generation scalable, flexible, and high-performance systems
- Solve issues with the site and internal systems, prioritizing based on customer impact
- You will act as an intermediary for problems, with both technical and non-technical audiences
- You will work independently and will also be responsible for making technical decisions within a team
- Contribute to the growth of Booking.com through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts
Be humble. Be yourself. Be a problem solver.
We have found that people who match the following requirements are the ones who fit us best:
- Minimum of 3 years development experience with Perl plus another server side programming language. Preferably Java, Python, Scala, C++ etc
- Previous experience with distributed systems
- Hands on experience in development and testing with open-source Big Data technologies, such as Hadoop
- Demonstrable experience with MySQL and PostgreSQL or similar relational databases
- Previous experience of developing in and contributing to open source
- Experience of working on products that impact a large customer base is an advantage
- Preferably a university degree in Mathematics or Software Engineering
- Excellent communication; written and spoken
- Headquarters located in one of the most dynamic cities in Europe: Amsterdam
- Performance-based company that offers 26 vacation days, career advancement, and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential
- Discount on Booking.com accommodations with the “Booking Deal” including other perks and benefits
- Company-sponsored family and social activities to help our employees become integrated with each other and Dutch culture
- Generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Perl Developer in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.